Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Brrrrrrr

Our furnace is on the blink. It is cold. Typing fingers do not bend well when cold. I slept in sweats last night and woke up at 4:15 because I'm cold. The dog slept in our bed last night because she's so little she has no body fat to keep her warm. She is built like a squirrel. A cold squirrel.


1.This is a warm squirrel. He is water skiing.


2.This is a cold squirrel. He is wearing a sweatshirt. I bet you thought there was no such thing as a cold squirrel.


3. This is a squirrel coat that I would like to be wearing right now.
4. I am sleep-deprived.

My coffee has Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice in it. Now you are jealous. Don't be, because it is cold already. I just poured myself another, and when I pulled the spoon out, there was a piece of old food stuck to the spoon. Why am I being tortured.


This is pumpkin spice squirrel. It has an interesting flavor but is not practical for coffee.

I want to look at the thermostat to see just how cold it is, but I'm afraid to know the exact truth. If I gave the actual number, some of you might thing I'm a wimp. But I am not Canadian; I am a Hoosier. It's enough to know that if everything I touch (keyboard, coffee mug, teenaged son, and bathroom seat) is cold, it's really cold.

Nevertheless, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Psalm 150:6. I'm praising the Lord because I have breath. I can see it.

7 comments:

Big Mama said...

I hope you warm up soon. It made me laugh that you are praising the Lord as you see your breath.

Susanne said...

Now that is a take on that scripture that I never thought of! And I'm Canadian! :vD Hope you warm up soon and I am very jealous. All we get up here for coffee mate creamers are the standard french vanilla & hazelnut and one more I can't remember. We didn't get the coconut creme, or any of the other fancy dancy flavors you all get. So I'll just make do with my International Delights Southern Butter Pecan. It's probably a good thing we don't get all those flavors or I'd be very overly "Plump" and on a major buzz from all the coffee I'd be drinking.

The Human Napkin said...

I wouldn't think you're a wimp. I get cold when it's 70 and breezy. And I LOVE the squirrel pictures. Some friends of ours used to raise squirrels and they were neat to play with once I stopped being terrified they'd claw my eyes out. It hurts when they bite, though.

Melanie said...

I fear that your body temp has dropped too low. The pumpkin spice squirrel is my fav. Was she one of the spice girls?

Linda said...

Susanne, No coconut creme? No Creme Brulee? Wow. You know what--I think that when it all comes down, that old vanilla can't be beat. But that may also be because I am basically a vanilla (plain) type person, and am kind of (no, very) mellow. Hey, that would be a good meme subject--what flavor of coffee are you?

Linda said...

MominTandy: First of all, although I don't know what the significance of the word "Tandy" is, I have to tell you I love the name Tandy, which I first heard attached to the actress Jessica Tandy. I also knew a girl who named her dog Tandy. I've always had it stuck in the back of my head. The same with Tatum, as in O'Neill.

Secondly, you had friends who kept squirrels? Wow. I had some chickens in the backyard once, but squirrels--can they be tamed? Apparently not completely, from what you say in your post. Maybe your friends were like people who keep those wild animals like cougars for pets and then tell other people, "You never can trust them completely. They're wild, you know." And then they let the animal chew on their arms. That's how I think squirrels would be--turning on you in less than a second and clawing your eyes--and doing this really, really fast!

Stacy said...

The squirrel thing is my favorite. It always makes me smile.
( :