Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Birthday from George

First, for faithful readers of this blog, I have to point out that I'm not Linda. Of course, you would have come to that conclusion soon enough just by reading my writing. No, I'm Linda's husband. I am hijacking her blog at 1:20am to wish her a Happy Birtdhay. If you've read any other posts on this blog, you've had a special privilege. You've gotten to know a little about Linda - the most gifted, funny, compassionate, beautiful, eloquent, sensitive, wise, resilient, hard-working person I know. I could have kept going, of course. But, that's easy to see from reading her inspiring, funny posts, isn't it?

Now, if she was always that good, she'd be a little hard to take. She can be somewhat stubborn, naive, sharp-tongued, and, uh, I'm having trouble coming up with any other adjectives, and it's not just out of fear of her sharp-tongue. :)

Although I truly don't deserve her, I'm nuts about her. She has put up with me and my weirdness for 25 years! Actually, instead of putting up with me, she has loved me fiercely, despite my many, many faults. Her love has changed me, giving me a tiny, albeit the best, glimpse of God's crazy love for me.

Now, how can I possibly come up with a birthday gift to say all that? I'm sure some women might suggest a more tangible gift. Don't worry, I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, I hope these clumsy words help to make Linda's birthday a happy one. I now return you to your regular blogger: my wonderful wife Linda!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Birthday cousin! I do hope you have a wonderful day. I love reading your blog and your newspaper columns. God has blessed you with a wonderful gift. Thanks for using it.

Susanne said...

How beautiful was this! And George you did just fine in the writing department if you ask me!