Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful Thirteen

What a Thursday to post thirteen “I’m Thankful For . . . ” items! I could revisit the “A” list: Jesus, Family, Health, Friends, Jobs, Freedom-- but you already know how grateful I am for those blessings. It’s not a unique A list, but there are people existing without such blessings, so I want to say I don’t take them for granted.

But just for fun--13 OTHER items for which I’m thankful:

13. The names of people I love--music to my ears

12. My bed

11. The voices of little children, like the little girl in the Volvo commercial who’s telling a BIG story to her dad

10. Good books, and obviously, THE Good Book

09. The movie “Prancer.” It’s the only movie that makes me cry every time. Please don’t tell me anything sad or tragic ever happened to the little actress in that movie; my heart couldn’t bear it.

08. Cary Grant movies, for all they represent

07. Rocking chairs—as soon as I enter a room, I spy the chairs and quietly claim the rocker

06. The color lavender

05. Chocolate, Cashews, Coffee and Cereal, the staffs of life

04. The words “daughter” and “son,” for the welling of pride and joy that comes just by saying them out loud

03. Amy Grant songs, especially the ones written during and after her divorce

02. That God still reigns in this universe, and as my pastor likes to say, “He’s so comfortable with that role he’s sitting down.”

01. Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. His mercies are new every morning!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

That scripture is my favorite. I would be nowhere without that scripture!!

Love this list, Linda. You have such a beautiful way of expressing all those things that really touch me.