What a Thursday to post thirteen “I’m Thankful For . . . ” items! I could revisit the “A” list: Jesus, Family, Health, Friends, Jobs, Freedom-- but you already know how grateful I am for those blessings. It’s not a unique A list, but there are people existing without such blessings, so I want to say I don’t take them for granted.
But just for fun--13 OTHER items for which I’m thankful:
13. The names of people I love--music to my ears
12. My bed
11. The voices of little children, like the little girl in the Volvo commercial who’s telling a BIG story to her dad
10. Good books, and obviously, THE Good Book
09. The movie “Prancer.” It’s the only movie that makes me cry every time. Please don’t tell me anything sad or tragic ever happened to the little actress in that movie; my heart couldn’t bear it.
08. Cary Grant movies, for all they represent
07. Rocking chairs—as soon as I enter a room, I spy the chairs and quietly claim the rocker
06. The color lavender
05. Chocolate, Cashews, Coffee and Cereal, the staffs of life
04. The words “daughter” and “son,” for the welling of pride and joy that comes just by saying them out loud
03. Amy Grant songs, especially the ones written during and after her divorce
02. That God still reigns in this universe, and as my pastor likes to say, “He’s so comfortable with that role he’s sitting down.”
01. Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. His mercies are new every morning!