Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veterans' Day 2006



My father is 83 years old now. He and my mother will be married 65 years next month.

If you'd like to read how he became a Christian while in a foxhole in France during WWII, go to the June archive, 4th post, to read my Father's Day column: Promise in a Foxhole from WW II

Thank you, Dad, for offering your life so that my children and I can live in freedom, and thank you for showing future generations that good can triumph over evil. Your courage and that of your generation, including those who fought and those kept the homefires burning, cannot be celebrated enough.

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Thanking your Dad along with you, Linda. And how awesome your mom and dad have been married 65 years. That is amazing and a beautiful testimony. Your mom is gorgeous btw!

Melanie said...

What a lovely couple they are. And, please say a thanks to your dad from me, too. He was one of the true soldiers of our time.
Also- I enjoyed your column draft. I thought it was good and appropriate for the season.

Linda said...

Thanks so much for visiting and for you comment. We owe that generation (and all the others who have so willingly sacrificed for our freedom) a huge debt of gratitude.
That is a lovely picture.

Carol said...

I love this! Congratulations to your parents on their upcoming anniversary! In this culture, staying married that long is a huge victory!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is soo pretty!!
B.S.