Friday, December 01, 2006

A Christmas Gathering


| View Show | Create Your Own

Each year, the women of UC (where I work) have the opportunity to decorate a table for eight in a Christmas theme for a special evening together. With that goal in mind, each participant invites friends and family, but especially those who might be alone this season or those looking for a home base of worship. Each table has a "story" to go along with it printed in a booklet that guests carry around as they enjoy the stunning displays.

Here is an excerpt from my favorite story this year:

I can remember, as a child, the Avon Lady coming to our house and my mom just sitting and chatting with her in the kitchen. Sometimes I thought she would never leave! . . . I decided that since these dishes bring back such fond memories of my mother that my table this year would be in honor and memory of her . . . My favorite part of the table is the pictures of my mother and father. With Mother being gone and my dad having Alzheimer's Disease, these are very precious to me. (Avon 1876 Cape Cod Collection--deep red)I am so thankful for my friends that could spend this evening with me and share in these memories.

Enjoy the slides!

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Those are incredibly beautiful tables. What a special Christmas event!

Carol said...

I love those red Avon dishes! I'm sure your table is gorgeous and your mom would be honored.

My dad died of Alzheimer's a few years ago. That's a tough one.

Jenn said...

What a great idea the dinner is! I loved the "potty mouth" story too! Fun blog!

Linda said...

Need to clarify---the Avon dishes aren't mine. I was a guest at the snowflake table. But that table was gorgeous.