Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Contribution to World Peace




Listening to carols today, I was transported back in time to about 18 years ago, when my oldest daughter was 2. She was sitting at the kitchen table, busily coloring and singing along to carols. I was cooking, not paying much attention to her, until I heard her little voice singing words that were not in the song. I strained to hear what she was saying and suddenly put 2 and 2 together: when she was very little and still nursing, for some reason I called breasts "nursies." But by the time she was two, "nursies" were a thing of the past, at least until I heard her version of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." She was softly, sweetly singing, "Peace on Earth/and nursies mild . . . ." Glad I laid off the spicy stuff. Who knew that going easy on the onions and garlic could help usher in world peace?

5 comments:

Melanie said...

FUNNY! I'm glad you stayed with bland foods, too. No telling what you would be posting about her these days. :>)

Susanne said...

I just love kids' translations! Very cute! And I love your picture! You're gorgeous lady!

Anonymous said...

One slight problem: The picture of the little girl was taken in Muncie (notice the fireplace behind her). Therefore, that little girl was actually THREE years old, not TWO. You, my friend, are a fraud.

Linda said...

Dear "Anonymous." You left the newspaper all over the kitchen bar this morning, but I digress. The little girl in the pic is 2 1/2, not 3. You, my friend, are once again singin' your favorite tune, entitled,"I'm So Wrong." Nevertheless, "If Lovin' You is Wrong," then . . . I still wanna be right. See you at the party tonight!

Maggie said...

The comments are as funny as the post. Love the new pic...it matches you.

THERE you are.

:-D
Maggie, the photo critic