Sunday, January 28, 2007

Feelin' the Love

Well, there's a first time for everything. I've been nominated in the "Share the Love" blog awards for Best Humor and Blogger You'd Most Like to Meet. Now this is exciting. Revelling in the love, I shouted the news out to my family, to which my 17 year-old son yelled back: "Did you say 'Blogger You'd Most Like to BEAT?'" Why is he like this?

Why does every subject turn into some feat of physical prowess such as beating or weight lifting? Like this morning, just because he couldn't stand the silence while I was reading the Bible and he was watching TV, he playfully piped up, "Hey Mom, how 'bout a squat contest, me versus you?" That's "squat" as in lifting. I just cracked up and said, "When you've passed three 8 lb. kidney stones (a ref. to my three deliveries of babies), then we'll talk." He said, "Ewww. You win."

Now if you're here from Share the Love to see if you'd like to beat me or decide if I'm funny, please see "Raise Your Hand if You Hated Home-Ec" below.

6 comments:

Roxanne said...

Yeah--mom's not such a weakling when you put things into perspective. And that doesn't count carrying the kidney stone on your hip while you cook dinner, shop, breastfeed the newest kidney stone, etc. for the next 3-5 years after you passed 'em. . .

Big Mama said...

COngratulations Linda! I think you're one of the funniest people I don't actually know.

How much can you squat? : )

Susanne said...

You guys are hilarious! Funny how guys are always quick to back down when it comes to the delivering babies thing. :vD

Susanne said...

Oh and congrats you so deserve it!

Susan said...

How exciting!! I'd vote for you and your blog.

Have a GREAT week...

:-) Susan

Mommy!! said...

Congrats! You SO deserve to win!

And the home-ec post was hilarious! I took Food Science in high school, which is like home ec, but without all the sewing and crap. My least favorite class (and teacher) EVER. No wonder I'm a lousy cook and didn't sew until recently.