Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday's Feast

It's been a long week (if you read yesterday's post, you know why), so I was so happy to tackle this Friday's Feast for a bit of levity and distraction. So here we go.

Appetizer: What was one of the fashion fads when you were a teenager? This hair and this cowel neck sweater. I thought she was the most beautiful woman on earth. After that famous hairstyle had been around a while, the wing-back sides morphed into sausage-like curls that we all wore--very bizarre.

Soup: Name one thing you think people assume about you when they meet you. Probably that I'm very sweet. I have a dry sense of humor that I don't reveal until I see a glimpse of it in another person, which is a signal to me that we are on the same wavelength and that it's OK to be myself.

Salad: On a scale from 1 -10 with being the hardest, how hard do you work? Well, I'd have to say 10+++++, and that's NOT just because my prospective employer might look at this to find out secrets about me. Actually, I do work hard at stuff; I'm more task-oriented than relationship-oriented. Not so good.

Main Course: If you were given a free 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl to sell anything you currently own, what would you advertise? A fictional book that I've written. It's fictional because it still in my head since I haven't actually written a book. But I could scramble really fast and whip something up if I had the chance Sunday!

Dessert: Fill in the blank. I love to _____ when it is _____.
Walk outside when it's sunny, bake when it's snowing, read when it's raining, and sleep when it's storming.

8 comments:

Big Mama said...

Okay, other than the cowl neck sweater and the hair being the fashion when I was a teenager (you know I'm a teen of the 80's which means big hair and bigger shoulder pads), I would have answered all of these questions almost the same way.

Great minds think alike.

Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
Well your main course should be finished by Monday then right?
I enjoyed your feast.
Your dessert was wonderful.
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Barbara H. said...

Oh, I remember Farrah hair. Mine would never do that. I was trying to decide between reading or sleeping when it's raining, and went with sleeping. :)

Melanie said...

Linda-
Just read the post from yesterday. Praying all will work out for His Will in your life. :>) Let us know how it works out.

Roxanne said...

Good one--I, too, enjoy the things you listed at the end. . .but there's not so much snow here in Houston, but I love to bake anyway.

Judi said...

great feast. love the dessert!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

oh the hair... I have poker straight hair and it was a painful time for me. Boy was I relieved when straight hair finally came in style!

So nice to meet you - thanks for dropping by our place. I like you site - and great new design by Susie. :)

amy said...

Great feast! I hope you get that book written one day!