Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday's Feast

Check out Feast 130 at Friday's Feast.

Appetizer: Have you been sick yet this winter, and if so, what did you come down with?

Are you kidding me? Well, I just got over a strange flu which produced high fever and severe joint aches only, no regular flu stuff. Next year, I’m getting the flu shot. I’m too old and cranky to mess with this stuff. I’m gonna elbow babies and the elderly out of the way.

Soup: What colors dominate your closet?

Black mostly, although this snippet of my closet sure doesn't look like it, but I promise, it is. I also prefer solid clothes, and that is clear in this picture. My favorite outfit to wear is a black ribbed turtleneck and jeans. Sometimes when I put them on, I think, “I could be buried in this.” Which shows that: 1. I’m always thinking about death 2. I have no intention of having an open casket (people seeing a white corpse in a black sweater) 3. I appreciate comfort. Other colors in my closet are about equal, except for green, of which I’m not a fan, unless the Presidents are wearing it, as in money. Ha.

Salad: How would you describe your personal "comfort zone?"

Routine is comforting to me. I like to be around people who are: 1. not easily offended 2. will trust that I am basically good-intentioned 3. will offer the benefit of the doubt to others whenever possible. Love covers a multitude of sins.

Main Course: On which reality show would you really like to be a contestant?

I would love to be on What Not to Wear. I consider that a reality show. I would be willing to take the punches from Stacy and Clinton, and I would LOVE to meet Nick Arrojo and Carmindy, but esp. Nick Arrojo. I have a crush on him, but not in the traditional sense. I just sort of feel like he's the Monet of hair or something. I'm in awe of Nick.

Dessert: Which holiday would you consider to be your favorite?

No favorites anymore. Although my son was born on March 8, which is National Women's Day. This would be, of course, every teenaged boy's dream, to be able to say: "I'm so studly they made my birthday National Women's Day."

11 comments:

Susanne said...

Clinton and Stacy would have a hey day with my closet let me tell ya!
And I think Nick would even be hard pressed to come up with something different for my short hair.

Your young man can definitely be a model. He's got the pose down pat.

Barbara H. said...

I've never seen that show -- I wonder if it is on a station I get. It sounds like something I could benefit from. :)

Lisa Renee said...

I'd be afraid if they visited me, I think your son does have a future as a model.

:-)

Thank you for your kind words when you visited me and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Melanie said...

Linda-
I came down with the aches this afternoon. Immediately started on medicine. I must have had a fever (not Ethel-related) because now I am sweating.
As soon as it hit, I thought of your post!
The Women's Day birthday- too much. :>)

Melli said...

ROFL! What a great feast! And what a HANDSOME young man Mr. National Women's Day is! I think his head is swelling even as I type!

Huh... I wish my closet looked like yours... or even something sorta somewhat similar that I would not be embarrassed to DEATH to show on my blog, to God, the WORLD, and everybody! That's GRE..... really tidy! Go U!

Thanks for stoppin' by today!

amy said...

I have seen that show! Wonderful feast!

Roxanne said...

ARe you having to beat the girls back with a stick? Seriously cute boy there. . .my closet looks like a bomb went off these days--and tonight I got into bed at 5:00 and would have stayed there had my daughter not decided to "come and keep me company" at 8:00. . .

Nichole M said...

I like What Not to Wear, but I always thought those guys were *so* mean. I remember watching one where this girl bought $1 underwear. And when she was in the mirror room... ::shudder:: But they do good work where it is sorely needed. :-) Thanks for coming by, and have a great weekend!

Sunflower said...

Great feast! especially salad and desert!

Enjoyed reading your blog too:-)

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Carol said...

Your closet is all organized. It could be my closet with all the solids. Except it's all organized. I do have green, but no yellow, blue or orange. Lots of neutrals. And black. All unorganized.

And I LOVE your salad!

Susan said...

Great feast...I'm laughing at your son's "holiday" birthday. Cracks me up.

Have a great week.

Susan