Thursday, March 08, 2007

Feasting, Not Fasting


It's time for Friday's Feast.

Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?


Daylight and the lack thereof influences me a lot. When the sun starts going down, I start getting sleepy. I'm embarrassed to say how early. Really early. And I get up really early. I sort of like my routine, but when I socialize, I get tired before everyone else, which is a bummer. But oh, I do love my bedtime. Many nights I literally pray, "Thank you for my bed; I love it." And then I immediately feel bad for people all over the world without beds.


Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?


I think it's about equal. Lately I've been giving more, which is probably a good thing since it means I'm in less stress or dilemma.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.


The first real meal I ever fixed for my boyfriend, who became my husband, was chicken divan. I thought I was a gourmet! In high school, I had a meal at a French restaurant with our French Club in Indy that I will always remember.

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.


There are too many to name. Most recently, probably The Kite Runner. Anna Karenina moved me, also The Age of Innocence. Anything by Edith Wharton, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens ... Narnia ....

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?


Grape. And I have plans to buy some this weekend because I'm really getting into going after free radicals with anti-oxidents. It's a kick that will last a few weeks, like everything else in my life. Except blogging. And motherhood.

14 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Nicely written feast, my husband and you are on the same grape juice kick right now. Which has resulted in of course children who never liked grape juice now drinking it.

:-)

Anni said...

Ooh, I hear that the White Grape juice is really good for you too.

Happy Feast!

annie said...

Great feast, this one was more thought provoking for me (maybe it's just past my bedtime :) )
Have a great Friday.
blessings~
Annie

Lisa Renee said...

If you get back to Toledo someday, let me know, we've added some really cool things downtown.

:-)

Susanne said...

I can relate to cooking your first meal for a boyfriend, that becomes hubby. I think I did a mushroom chicken dish. I love all kinds of grape juice!

Melli said...

LOL! Your appetizer tickled me! That is REALLY bringing God into your everyday life! And I know He appreciates that!!! We do NEED to remember to thank Him for the little things! Good for you!

I have purchased The Kite Runner... and it's in queue to be read - but I'm not there yet!

Bee said...

That sounds like a very nice meal to remember. :)

Some things come and go, kids and blogging stay with us, thank goodness.

Happy Friday!

Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

ribbiticus said...

good feasting! come see my spread! ;)

mamichelle said...

yes, grape juice is excellent for you!! I should drink more. Great feast!

Heart of Rachel said...

I wish I could adopt an early sleeping time but I have more free time reading my favorite blogs at night.

How sweet that you still remember the first meal you made for your husband before you got married.

Joseph C. Harris said...

Greast feast. I especially loved your salad. Mine is up if you would like to look it over.

Rob Carr said...

Nancy's mother never let her cook, so one day, I made a date with her. I came over and helped her cook a meal for her family. Two semesters of Home Ec: Cooking and years of being the cook for our family paid off in giving me the skills to do that!

Roxanne said...

We love grape juice around here, in all colors and forms. . .there is a bottle of white grape peach chilling in the fridge right now.