Thursday, March 29, 2007

Friday's Feast 136

I missed last Friday's feast, but I liked it and wanted to do it. I'm also doing the current one as soon as it's up.


Friday's Feast

Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?

This is a loaded question for me. I have favorites because I like them and favorites because they are bizarre and therefore entertaining. Shepard Smith is one that crosses the border from professionalism into bizarro-land from time to time, but I like him! And what a cool name. I also love Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade. There are other similar "personalities" who are not achors but are close: Nancy Grace (of whom I do a pretty good imitation) and Glenn Beck. All great inadvertant entertainers as well as "sort of" reporters.

Here is Nancy just about ready to "bust a rant." Love it.


Soup
Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.

I had to go look. Vanilla ice cream, salmon and waffles. I'm hoping the next question isn't about creating a meal using all three.

Salad
If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?

Vanilla-Salmon-Waffleville? No, let's see ... maybe Crow's Nest.


Main Course
What will most likely be the next book you read?

After I finish Peretti's "The Prophet," which is slow-going for me, I think I'll read Mere Christianity for the first time. I like nonfiction best.

Dessert
What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?

Facial features. Really.

12 comments:

Susanne said...

Hey come visit me and I'll take you to see Crow's Nest Pass. Seriously.

Ice cream, salmon and waffles. That would probably go over somehow on Iron Chef.

amanda said...

LOL@Vanilla-salmon-waffleville (all the L's make me laugh!)...but seriously...lol...the prophet IS a slow go. I liked The Oath better.

Melanie said...

Facial features? Are you serious? LOL

I emailed you at your work address. :>)

Great to be back in blog land.

Karen said...

Hey Linda!
Thanks for visiting my blog today! I have been looking back over your posts, and you are such a riot! I LOVE your sense of humor! (and Zoe is the cutest little puppy, even all wet!)
Thank you for your prayers for my Dad and us. It's been a long week. I'll pray for your parent's stress tests, as well.
I enjoyed looking around here and I will be back to read more.
Blessings,
Karen
Very nice to meet you! (Oh, and the aging thing....it's fun to find the humor in it, isn't it? I love Paula Deen's apron that says, "I'm still one hot babe, it just comes in flashes")

Barbara H. said...

Crow's nest sounds like an interesting place -- maybe up on a hill with a nice view. :)

I just finished Mere Christianity several days ago -- I was working on a review, but had a lot of things to attend to this week, and it needs a little more thought. I hope to finish it next week. There are so many good quotes I want to use, it's going to make my review way long unless I can choose just a few. It's funny, I gravitate toward fiction. I like non-fiction when I read it, but I have to make myself read it. I think I did read The Prophet some time ago -- is the main character a news anchor or reporter?

Linda said...

Yes, he's an anchor. I just force myself to read most fiction.

PEA said...

Hi Linda:-) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I love "meeting" new people! I very much enjoyed your answers to this meme...I've seen it on quite a few blogs and must put it on my "to do" list! lol Take care and hope to see you again:-) xo

Becky said...

Hey Linda! It was fun to come visit you. Thanks for taking a tour of my "garden". I hope you read far enough to know that the first pics were not real. This yard has been the bane of my spring break if you know what I mean. Keep up the great work in youth ministry. We have 2 who've been through it and one still there. We appreciate you people!

Love your puppy. Cute! Have a great weekend.

Deena said...

Didn't ever really care for Nancy Grace, although my momma loved her...felt sorry for the poor, tortured soul...

I would live in Vanilla-Salmon-Waffleville...can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet??

The Preacher's Wife said...

I am laughing my butt off...(boy could I use more of that..:)) The pic of Nancy Grace is too hysterical...You do kind of favor her, in a non ranting kind of way...haha

And when you get into Mere Christianity, hook up with me on Saturdays! Just started a 'discussion group' on that very one! It is one of the single most important books outside the Bible for me!

Connie Barris said...

Tonight I am blog hopping... brings a whole new meaning to life... smile...
but when I read the quote " don't write like you went to college" I stopped dead in my tracks... and couldn't stop laughing...

My college professor told me to "Give it up.. quit" basically I could not write...
well, sometimes that is true.. but I have been writing now for 6 years.. just wrote my first devotional book..
so I so wished I could find him...

so there is a major punch to that quote..

blessings....

and thanks for letting me drop in
Connie

Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Just wanted to stop in and thank you for visiting and leaving me a comment. New visitors are always welcome, and I hope you'll return and see me again soon!
:)