Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday's Feast



Here is today's Friday's Feast


Appetizer

What does the color pink make you think of?

My mother, that Mary Kay Makeup lady, pink plastic toys that my girls used to have when they were little, like Polly Pockets. I also made my husband wear a pink cummerbund in our wedding at the last minute. Finally, my co-worker is battling pink eye. Isn't the object here to sort of respond by "stream-of-consciousness?"

Soup

Name something you thought you had lost, but later found.

I have a tiny little dog, a Yorkie, sort of like a guinea pig on longer legs. One day, my husband was home at lunch working on something in the crawl space. When he came up and was getting ready to go back to work, he noticed she wasn’t right on his heels as usual. He called and called, looked and looked, alas, no Zoe. He went into the garage thinking maybe she got out the door that he had not shut, but no Zoe. He began to sweat, knowing that while there are few things capable of ruining his marriage, it would be all over if this little dog went missing.

Then he heard a noise and followed it. It came from below … she had jumped or more likely fallen into the crawl space hole, and he had shut her in and placed something over the door. Imagine what would have happened had we gone looking all over the outside world instead of under our own feet. Yikes. She was lost but now she was found, and there was GREAT rejoicing.

Salad

In 3 words, describe this past week.

Exhuasting
Challenging
Victorious

Main Course

What are you obsessed with?

Blogging and Zoe the found dog

Dessert

What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear?

Quality gardenia or Lovespell. But do you know what I really miss? That baby-generated “perfume” on your shoulder after they’ve had a burp. And the smell of newborns’ necks and hair. Now that is intoxicating!

9 comments:

Susanne said...

Poor Zoe! Glad your hubby found her quickly!

I love the smell of newborns too!

Write From Karen said...

Oh yes, PINK EYE. Forgot all about that. That is NOT fun.

And baby smell. Ahhhhhh. Someone should bottle that sweet smell and make millions.

I'm so glad you found Zoe. Poor little doggie!

Hootin'Anni said...

Hmmmmmmmm, Mary Kay! Ya, you're so right. Even their pink cadillacs!!

great feast.
Mine's served, won't you come join me?

Jill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I was really just poking fun at myself when I said I don't get many comments...hee-hee. I have visited your blog before and love the name.

Southern Girl said...

Oh, I know what you mean about baby smells! I can't get enough of sniffing Goober, my two week old nephew. And stroking the peach fuzz on his little forehead! *dies*

Great feast!

jenny said...

lots of blog addicts! LoL!

happy friday!

Rob Carr said...

I'm so glad you found the dog! I don't want to think about what could have happened!

Happy Friday Feast! Thanks. Stop by for some at my place!

Rob of UnSpace

Roxanne said...

Oh. . .I'm so glad Zoe is no longer MIA.

Pink is my favorite color--the RIGHT shade of pink. . .

And I was at a shower today for two first time expecting mommies, and we were talking about baby smells, and my favorite was at night when I would go to nurse them and they were wearing footie jammies, and all the good smell would come pouring out when you picked them up--all warm and wonderful. . .and their hair does not smell the same, but I still smell their hair regularly. :)

Melanie said...

I miss the sweet, sweaty baby smell they have when you pick them up from the crib in the morning. Some how they change to sweaty kid smell overnight.