Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Frustration with my Freakazoid Internet Service

What is more annoying than a hang toenail snagging your sheet at night? What is more puzzling than Sanjaya remaining on AI? What is more frustrating than sitting and waiting for someone to pull out of a parking space, only to have Johnny-Come-Lately whip right into your spot as if you were invisible?

I'll tell you what: Internet service that decides, willy nilly, like some mischievous Leprechaun, when it will be available and when it will sneak off to the pub for a few hours.

I'm lucky to be here right now. I could go "poof" any minute. And I've got people to read, comments to post and just general love to share. But I have to go so fast that I can't do everything I want to do. You should see how fast I'm typing responses to emails today in the hopes of finishing before my service evaporates and I'm dropped like a bad cell call.

By the way, my youngest girl used to call cell phones "cellephones" when she was little. But my favorite verbal invention of hers was "movity theat-i-er."

In other riveting news, it hit 72* today, and people were wild with spring fever. College Daughter is home on spring break, so when I got off work at 2:00, we washed our cars together. Just us two girls with white legs scrubbin' and a waxin'. I'm sure she could not, in her wildest dreams, imagine a more fun spring break.

But oh, you guys who never have snow have no idea how nice it is to be able to wash your car and vacuum it out after a long, hard winter! It's like a spiritual experience! Now if only I weren't too old to be getting in and out of my little Camaro.

Until I'm free from the leprechaun (called "Comcast") spell, I am not a happy woman. Maybe St. Patrick will release me on the 17th.

6 comments:

amanda said...

There is NOTHING more puzzling than Sanjaya being on AI!! Enjoyed your post.

Melanie said...

Good luck.

And I think the Camaro makes up for the tiny dog. You are still cool.

And young.

And hip.

Go girl!

Susanne said...

I think I have the same leprachaun here. I didn't have internet all day today.

I can just picture those glowing white legs!

samurai said...

It's amazing how quickly we become dependant upon technology. :)

Cellphones... the WWW... microwaves...

I am not saying this in any way to accuse... I am just as ... if not more... guilty. :)

Sandy said...

Yah, what's the deal w/Sanjaya?
You are hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

Deena said...

Ha! I even posted "are you addicted to the internet?" on my funblog today...I get really cranky when I can't log on...so, what does that say about me??