Saturday, March 17, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Here are some quick catch ups. I am at work on a Saturday morning because my Internet at home will be down until Wednesday. I can't take this ... fasting coffee AND no Internet. I am only human!


Tidbit #1:

=INVINCIBLE




#2:

March Madness in Indiana. Actual email message from one of my best friends. Self-explanatory.

Okay, the phone rings while I’m in the shower. "Betsy" [daughter on spring break] has been walking on the beach and has cut her foot. She’s in the emergency room; she needs 3 stitches; no insurance card; 3 hour wait; goes back to the hotel and will go back later today.

I back out of the driveway this morning trying to avoid both the housekeepers’ car and "Billy's" car, only to back into the trailer (don’t get me started). $1100 worth of damage.

But, the NCAA has begun so things aren’t all bad.


#3:

I'm flying with my youth ministry staff to Tulsa this Thursday for a convention, Oneighty's Elevate 2007. I haven't flown in a couple of years, so I printed of all the new carry-on regulations. There are ELEVEN pages of notes. I am relieved to find out that I may carry on "Toy Transformer Robots." This will keep the boys, uh, men on my staff busy for the duration of the flight. I am also relieved to see that no one is allowed to bring dynamite on board. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot bring my snow globe collection on board, "regardless of size or amount of liquid inside, even with documentation."

#4:

College daughter home on spring break found a quarter ($.25) in a sofa cushion crevice. Reported the find to me with marked excitement. I did not understand the significance. "Mom, this is 1/3 of what it costs to do a load of laundry!! Don't you get it?" My, how things change.





#5:
Clarification: the picture of the family with exploding mullets in my last post IS NOT a family picture. It's just one that I keep for my own personal enjoyment from time to time. The little girl just cracks me up. Kids have no say in how their moms dress them and do their hair. This picture comes close to documenting child endangerment. That hair looks flammable. I wonder where that little girl is today and if she has sought revenge for that picture. No jury would convict her.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hmmm...invincible that's a GREAT word to describe Sanjaya.

March Madness has invaded my home. Now, I know you said I "might" qualify as a Hoosier...but this is one area, that I simply can't get "into" the whole Indy and Basketball thing. (And I even lived in Lex. KY for two years). Still don't get it.

Have a GREAT trip! Sounds very fun.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

The Preacher's Wife said...

I am equally astonished at number 1 and number 5. :)) Have a great time at your conference!!

Susanne said...

I've been glued to the March Madness basically because I can't do a whole lot else right now. And 'cause I love basketball. And I even cheered on Indiana. I guess that makes me a Hoosier by osmosis from actually knowing one?

I don't even wanna talk about the Sanjaya thing, especially in light of the fact is was Brandon who left. :v(

Tracy said...

The mullet picture made me laugh out loud!

Melanie said...

Invincible. I hope not.

No snow globe collection on board?! BUT THIS IS AMERICA, PEOPLE!!

Where have our RIGHTS GONE???

:>)