Check it out: Friday's Feast
Name two things that made you smile this week.
My father-in-law said, "Uranium" for "Ukranian."
My mother said, "Colonostophy" for "Colonoscopy."
Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?
1. Your Internet service goes down.
2. You get all settled in bed and wonder if you locked the door or turned off the oven.
3. Your kid says, "I'll call you when I get there," and doesn't.
4. Your kid's part of the choral concert comes at the very end, and you have to sit through hours of songs about peace until you're so agitated that you feel like Attilla the Hun by the end.
5. When people drive like bats out of hell in parking lots.
When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
I silently recite scripture or pray or just say "Jesus" a lot. But lately I'm also relying on white noise. I crank up the air purifier, and that seems to do it. I am not ranking prayer with white noise, of course, although Jesus might be equating mine with white noise when I'm repeating myself.
What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
How something so unsubstantial as Ramen noodles can be so full of fat and salt and calories:
Calories in Cup Noodles, Ramen Noodle
Chicken Flavor, Dry Mix
Serving Size 1 container, individual (64.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 127 % Daily Value* (WHAT? 127% of daily value?)
Total Fat 14.1g 22%
Saturated Fat 6.3g 31%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1434mg 60%
Total Carbohydrates 36.8g 12%
What is your favorite pasta dish? Uh, do Ramen noodles count?