Thursday, March 15, 2007

TGI Friday's Feast #135

Check it out: Friday's Feast


Appetizer
Name two things that made you smile this week.

My father-in-law said, "Uranium" for "Ukranian."
My mother said, "Colonostophy" for "Colonoscopy."
This picture:















Soup
Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?

1. Your Internet service goes down.
2. You get all settled in bed and wonder if you locked the door or turned off the oven.
3. Your kid says, "I'll call you when I get there," and doesn't.
4. Your kid's part of the choral concert comes at the very end, and you have to sit through hours of songs about peace until you're so agitated that you feel like Attilla the Hun by the end.
5. When people drive like bats out of hell in parking lots.


Salad
When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?

I silently recite scripture or pray or just say "Jesus" a lot. But lately I'm also relying on white noise. I crank up the air purifier, and that seems to do it. I am not ranking prayer with white noise, of course, although Jesus might be equating mine with white noise when I'm repeating myself.

Main Course
What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?

How something so unsubstantial as Ramen noodles can be so full of fat and salt and calories:

Calories in Cup Noodles, Ramen Noodle
Chicken Flavor, Dry Mix

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 container, individual (64.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 296
Calories from Fat 127 % Daily Value* (WHAT? 127% of daily value?)
Total Fat 14.1g 22%
Saturated Fat 6.3g 31%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1434mg 60%
Total Carbohydrates 36.8g 12%

Dessert
What is your favorite pasta dish? Uh, do Ramen noodles count?

12 comments:

Sandy said...

2 things that made me smile today !?! #1 ... the first picture you have posted. Hilarious!

#2 ...is that ABC news finally did something right, last night on Nightline. The media never gets stuff right, but they did a fairly accurate story on "GodMen" where my husband, Paul, is one of the speakers/authors. It's a place for hurting men and God is using it!

That made me smile! (check out abc/nightline website and you can watch the video)

You continue to crack me up! And I loved your tribute to Terri.

Happy Spring Break coming up!

Tammy said...

Linda, this is great! :D And will you please tell the story behind that picture? Love it!
Your #4 on things you hate cracked me up...
And my husband loves Top Ramen...but when I was pregnant I wouldn't let him eat it because the smell made me sick!

OK, something that made me smile early this morning...Your post! :)

Btw, Linda, A few days ago, I read your old post about meeting Dave Barry and it was priceless. My mom was here and I made her read it too...we both laughed all the way through it!

Have a great weekend! :)

it's me, Val said...

very cute and funny post! Just popping over to tell you thank you for coming to Grandma's Diary. I really appreciate that! Im glad you are enjoying how I had hoped people would :) What nice things you said, too. Thanks for making my day because I needed it. My 3-year old woke up with the flu on the same day that I was suppose to drive 6 hours to visit a dear friend on what is suppose to be a great day - my birthday. Ugh. Such is life, I suppose! :)

Roxanne said...

Yeah--I get the carbs and calories in Ramen noodles--but not the fat. I guess they roll them around in lard before they dry them or something.

Frances said...

Ohmigosh I've never bothered to read the Ramen Noodle packet - I always figured it was low-cal low-fat!
I still love 'em no matter what.
Thanks for sharing.
Frances

Indiana Amy said...

Just stopping back by after the blog party. My friday feast said the exact same thing for going to sleep, that's awesome!

Take care!

Joseph C. Harris said...

I like your soup. Especially the part about the internet going down. Thanks for visiting my site.

Joseph C. Harris said...

Loved your soup. That part about the internet going down is right. Thanks for visiting my site.

Susan said...

I have seen that picture before and it IS funny!!! Oh my goodness...the Ramen Noodle information is unbelievable...and to think we survived on those things in school.

:-) Susan

Sunflower said...

Nice soup. I hate that when my computer was broken.

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

Have a nice weekend!

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Sincerity said...

The ever amazing and mysterious Ramen Noodle. Did you know that they are considered a delicacy in Japan? Yup. Japanese love Ramen noodles!

Something I love is Spring! I wish it would get here like... today!

Something I hate... people talking on cell phones while pretending to be focused on driving.

Crystal said...

That's a funny picture, it made me smile too. :)

Ramen noodles. Ugh, I used to eat those when I was a teen. Now I won't touch them with a 10-ft pole. lol