Wednesday, April 04, 2007

How Do You Know When You're Blogging Too Much?

When you eat your contacts.

Recently I got disposables for the first time. It's weird not having to take them out and go clean them, etc. You just take them out and pitch them. I do most of my blogging in the evening when my eyes are dry. So I've just been taking them out and putting them on a Kleenex or scrap piece of paper until I leave the desk for good.

Last night I had a plate of Wheat Thins that I was snacking on as I blogged. My eyes were screaming, "Get the Saran Wrap off of us! We can't breathe!" so I took the contacts out and laid them on the plate. Or so I thought. I really laid them on a Wheat Thin. And then I hate them.

In my defense, this was also during American Idol, so if you read me regularly, you know how distracted I was.

The result? My review of this new snack: "It's an interesting snack, showing exceptional balance, well defined red-eye ambience, nuances of mascara, spicy allergy meds and pungent acidity. This is the rare Hoosier blend that will likely improve with additional time devoted to developing the base snack. Next time, the creator should try Sun Chips, or for a more authentic local flavor, pork rinds."

11 comments:

samurai said...

All I have to say is yikes! and LOL!

I love the countdown timer. :)

May God continue to provide you grace to get through this time of self depravation.

Barbara H. said...

Oh, my! I'm trying not to laugh....but....it's hard. :)

Good thing they're disposable, I guess. :)

JennaG said...

My husband wears disposable contacts too--and he disposes of them everywhere. It is highly likely that I, too, have tried that snack!

amanda said...

So funny!

crickl's nest said...

I will be looking for that new Wheat Thin flavor in stores soon...LOL That almost made me spew my water, you're so funny!

Thanks for the morning chuckle!

Jen said...

LOL oh dear

Susanne said...

When I first read this first thing this morning, in my sleep fogged, no caffienne yet state, I did not pick up that you were talking about contacts until you mentioned eyes. I was thinking "Wow is she ever open to talk about wearing disposables on her blog for all the world to know!". Thankfully I have now had several cups of coffee and am wide awake. :vD

Morning Glory said...

I'm glad no one can hear me right now because I'm laughing and cackling my head off! This is too funny!

His Singer said...

OK, you win.

I just snorted iced tea out of my nose reading this.

I bow before your greatness....

CrownLaidDown said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HaHa!!

That is sounding a bit like me....
I wonder if there is any nutritional value?

It's probably because you needed some coffee to notice :)
Holly

Present Storm said...

LOL!!! I am sorry I can't help but laugh at that..lol I am sure it is much funnier now than when you first discovered what you did..lol

Thanks for sharing, I needed this ...lol