Monday, April 23, 2007

Is She Serious? (Sheryl Crow Has Got Your Back-Side)

I know that you know all about Sheryl Crow's efforts to save the world one square of toilet paper at a time. Here are some actual funny headlines from articles recounting this earth-saving ideology gone bizarre.

USA Today Flushes Out Crow's Green Idea: Use Less Toilet Paper

Sheryl Crow Takes a Swipe at Toilet Paper

All I Wanna Do ... is Use One Piece of Loo (Paper)



You be the judge: is she kidding? Here are her words:

Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of conserving trees, which we heavily rely on for oxygen," she said on her website. "I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting," she said.

"I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

Crow has some other genius ideas. Among them, a new clothing line with built-in rags in case you spill.

"I have designed a clothing line that has what’s called a ‘dining sleeve’. The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another ‘dining sleeve’. after usage," she said.


Is this for real?

11 comments:

Kelli said...

Two words.

Fruit

Cake

Susanne said...

What I'm wondering is who is going to police it to make sure you are not taking more than your alloted amount per visit. Makes me think of the scripture "Professing themselves to be wise they became fools". I know it's totally out of context but it does fit the occasion.

Melanie said...

I just visited her blog and she said the TP thing was a joke, but nothing about the dining sleeve...

Anyone who could only spare one square never had kids.

:>)

JennaG said...

Can't be

Zimmy-Pooh said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one with these ideas.

:-) haha...yeah, right! What a kook!

My friends and I have a term called "golden ace"--simply put, a visit to the toilet where there is 1 pooh, 1 wipe, 1 flush. Honestly, it's a beautiful thing, but it's just not common.....maybe she is a super-human pooher & wants reason to brag.

:-)

Nancy said...

I responded to this at Shannon's blog. Sheryl has lost her mind.

Connie Barris said...

speechless

Julie said...

Maybe she could just use corn cobs, like they did back in the pioneer days.

Just THINK of the trees she'd save.

LOL

Gretchen said...

Oh...Julie has a great idea. Of course it's also a bit absurd that the media has a few things to cover besides toilet paper, and this is what it emphasizes. Priorities, anyone. :) Poor Sheryl (not really), she'll never live this one, down. However, I don't think it's enough to flush her career down the tubes. (groan).

Anonymous said...

She always seemed pretty down to earth to me. What's up with that.

Our house has those new fangled low flow toilets, so sometimes we have to flush mid-visit so the next round of paper makes it down the pipe. Just where is the water savings in that I wanna know???

Crystal said...

Yeah, I know people that use, wash, and re-use cloth "toilet paper".

Ummmmm, no thanks!