Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Let's Give 'Em Somethin' to Blog About

This news just in: Bonnie Raitt's voice has voluntarily leapt out of her body and into a black hole somewhere in the universe, considering this fate better than being linked to Sanjaya Malakar on last night's American Idol. Executives at a top national news network have received similar threats from various artists claiming they will follow suit if Mr. Malakar does any of the following: covers any of their songs, adapts any of their head-gear, so much as whispers their names in public, alludes to their era of music or does not avert his eyes when they are performing. Some of these desperate artists include: Prince, Florence Henderson, Devo, That Guy from Air Supply, Kathie Lee Gifford, Elvis, John Tesh's keyboard, Screech from Saved By the Bell, Bono (Sonny), Oprah's friend Gayle and every member of the Mediocre Wedding Singer Association. Only two artists have given the go-ahead for Sanjaya: Michael Jackson and David Hasselhoff.

Rock and Roll star Little Richard had this to say, "MMMMM! Child, Please!!! Wooo-woooo. Unh UH! Noway! I CREATED rock and roll! That Sanjaya [LORD help us!] is a IMMMM-poster!"

***************

By the way, Little Richard is who I would LOVE to be the guest host on AI. That would be a riot.

Head-gear I'd like to see Sanjaya try:





Oops. Been there, done that.

12 comments:

Merci said...

ROFL! Thanks for the warm invitation and for visiting my corner of the blogosphere and enjoying that Diet Coke! I laughed out loud at your post! On a serious note, I wonder where his parents are and why they don't tell him that he's being laughed at, not laughed with? I couldn't let my child do that. I just couldn't. We'll see what America thinks at the results show tonight!

Alexis Jacobs said...

The hats are a hoot!!! What will we ever talk about once (if) Sanjaya gets the boot?

Melanie said...

Your Sanjaya posts crack me up!! I would love to see Little Richard, too!!

Mashed Potatoes! Cranberry Sauce!

WOOOOOO!!!!

Robin said...

Ok, with the Little Richard hat tip (snicker), I had to let you know, when I did that Face Recognition generator thingy, one of the people it said I looked like was LITTLE RICHARD! I am not black. I am not a man. But in the picture I used, I did have on sunglasses.

God love him, what IS that boy thinkin'? Then again, it's not exactly his fault "we"...no, make that "THEY" keep voting for him.

Connie Barris said...

Last night as I was watching Sanjaya, I kept thinking I wonder what Ms Linda is going to have to say about this...

I think you have outdone yourself...

oh my....

Connie

Sharon said...

I agree with Connie...I wondered what you would post today...you out did yourself.

And speaking of his parents...they're who I feel sorry for! Poor people!

But ya know...it's not really the voters fault that he's there. Randy, Paula, and Simon put him through to "Hol-ly-woooodddd!!!!" Oh well...with all the good singers in the top 10, this could have a been rather boring without Sanjaya...just good music being sung by great singers...no drama...Ha!

Sharon

Julie said...

Who can even HEAR Sanjaya with his hair makin' all that noise?

Good grief. When a singer scares you, well...it's just not good.

Thanks for the laugh, girl.

Susanne said...

LOL at the "oops. been there, done that". Oh, Sanjaya. I didn't mind the hair thing so much. That is part of who he is. I mean, how smart is he? He's got us all talking and tuning in to see what he'll do next. The kid's got guts. But last night for the first time (yes, the first time) I really, really, really didn't like the performance or song. I'm thinking he blew it big and he'll won't be able to get past that performance.

Somebody on another site in comments proposed that they felt sorry for Sanjaya. He's being kept in week after week by the voting public even though the judges are trashing him. How must he feel going back to the house with the others knowing someone who did better than him keeps getting voted off instead. I thought that was good food for thought and something I had totally not even thought of.

Deena said...

He's going to win...I just know it...oh, the horror...

Sincerity said...

That's hilarious!! I can't believe some of those hats!

On a more serious subject, did you know that April 30th has been designated Blog Day Of Silence in homage to the victims and survivors of Virginia Tech?

If you would like to join me and others in doing this just drop by my blog for more info.

Blessings!

Susan said...

I love this post, Linda! It cracked me up. I'm not sure what Simon's comment was last night. I was only "half listening" at that point so I'm pretty sure I missed the "gist" of it.

Susan

Lynn Donovan said...

Okay Girlfriend. You ROCK.. Like Sharon and Connie, I too couldn't wait to see what you had to say about last night. What a roit!!! You crack me up!!! I'll be back for more tomorrow. Love and hugs, Lynn