Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Oh, the Indiginities and Depravities

First, the indignities. You know that none of your family or friends is reading your blog (even though they claim to) when you post about actually eating your contacts and no one says a word.

Secondly, the sweetest bloggers can go off the deep end when you least expect it.

Regarding the contacts, my dear, sweet "friend" Susanne had this to say:

When I first read this first thing this morning, in my sleep fogged, no caffienne yet state, I did not pick up that you were talking about contacts until you mentioned eyes. I was thinking "Wow is she ever open to talk about wearing disposables on her blog for all the world to know!". Thankfully I have now had several cups of coffee and am wide awake. :vD

If she asks me if we're still friends, I'll have to say, "Gee, Susanne, it DEPENDS."

About my coffee fast, my friend the Samurai said, "I love the countdown timer. May God continue to provide you grace to get through this time of self depravation."

Now, I'm not sure if Sam did this on purpose or not, but did you notice he said, "self depravation" instead of "self deprivation?" Yes, it is true that since I have deprived myself of coffee, I have also become a bit depraved, coming very close in to licking someone's spilled coffee off of their hairy arm in O'Hare airport. Thanks for pointing out my coffee depravity, Samurai.

Finally, a new friend, Connie, at Little Red Hearts from God had this to say about my bunny post below: "Don't you wish you had a hot steaming cup of coffee with that chocolate.....?? I'm so mean...." Well, yes, Connie, yes you are mean. So I went to your site to banter with you, but you are so reverent and sweet about Easter that I could not find an appropriate place to "play" with you! So it seems that you have me over a barrel. It's like "Goofus" vs. "Gallant" in the the old Highlights Magazine: I'm Goofus and you're Gallant. I can't win!

5 comments:

His Singer said...

STOP IT!!! (laughing uncontrollably) STOP!!!

There is OFFICIALLY iced tea, and whatever else came out of my nose all over my shirt, the desk, and anyone who happened to walk by when I read this.

MORE!! (no, STOP!) More!!! (Stop it!!!) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Susanne said...

ROFL! I'm laughing so hard I might need to borrow some off ya! My kids are wondering what's wrong with me!

Connie Barris said...

Girl... you are too funny...

I love love your cartoon....
and I do think Jesus loved to laugh and is right there laughing with us...

I will be thinking about you Sunday morning when I drink my coffee and you are drinking yours... smile...

Thanks for the wonderful display of friendship

Blessings,
Connie

samurai said...

Hahahaha - well, I did indeed mean that you were depriving yourself... not to infer you were depraved.

But - after hearing about the temptation at the airport... I am thinking I may have been closer to the truth. :)

God Bless...

CrownLaidDown said...

I fasted from coffee once. It was hard at first, but when the day came to have my cup o' joe, I tried it and wondered why I even liked it?!! I still drink about 3-4 cups a day and love it so, but it was as if (for that point) I could have never had it again. Blessings on your next couple of days, Linda!!
In His Joy,
Holly