Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oops.

Oops. Did you catch it? My daughter and I did. Was Simon's eyeroll a dismissal of Chris's shout out to friends at Virginia Tech, or was it an ill-timed reaction to conversation with Paula? Do you think by any chance the producers/directors scrambled on the commercial break to put some reparative spin on Simon's expression of ennui? I think so. I'll bet Simon was sweating bullets wondering if he'd ruined his career with that one defensive gesture. What do you think?

4 comments:

Susanne said...

I didn't catch that at all mostly because unfortunately Chris' song almost put me to sleep and I wasn't paying attention. Interesting. And I thought I was pretty observant but you two take the prize on this one!

Lynn Donovan said...

I saw it... I bet he was sweatin' bullets. :)

Deena said...

I think Simon's so caught up in himself, that he didn't even pick up on Chris sending his support to the Hokies...and afterward he acted like it was no biggie...get over it.

Simon, check your ego at the door, please...there are more important things in this world than you and than AI...

Southern Girl said...

I think Simon doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body -- he has always made fun of and sneered at any of the singers who talked about "giving back" or any sort of philanthropy, so scenes of Simon walking in Africa or Afghanistan or wherever he went strike me as incredibly insincere. He has never exhibited the least bit of concern for anyone, and he tends to view anyone else doing so as them faking it. No Simon, that's your M.O. I absolutely think he was rolling his eyes at Chris' comment about VT. That's okay though -- I rolled my eyes at his "explanation." ;)