Sunday, April 22, 2007

So Long, Audio Adrenaline


Jorge and I drove 4 hours to Lexington, KY, Saturday to see Audio Adrenaline for the last time. I think this was their second-to-last show, ending in Hawaii this weekend. I'm very sad about their end, so the concert was a little bittersweet.






There's nothing that perks up my ears and makes me smile like the guitar intro to "Big House." Mark Stuart played with the audience quite a bit on this one. The whole crowd sang along for the entire song. At the very end, he chose a burly, fun-loving young man to finish the line, "It's my Father's ...." and the guy belted out "HOUUSE!" Happily, they also played other hits, including "Beautiful," and "Ocean Floor," one of my all-time favorites. I will miss their music. I never knew how much I liked them until a couple of years ago. As I looked at the songs on my MP3 player on the way home, many were AA hits.

We also saw Aaron Shust, my new favorite, who sings "Matchless" and "My Savior, My God," the chorus of which you might recognize:

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
My God he's always gonna be


The main attraction of the evening was supposed to be Mercy Me, but we really went for the other two. Mercy Me was good, and their "atmosphere" is very worshipful, truly beautiful. Although I don't care for their style as much, I do appreciate them.

Who's your all-time favorite Christian artist? Laugh at me if you want, but I'll always love Amy Grant and Audio Adrenaline for how their music helped me through some very trying times. Instead of being stuck in the past, I prefer to think of myself as "loyal." :)

15 comments:

Julie said...

I'm a Toby Mac fan myself. He's sooo cool. LOVE. HIM.

I had no idea AA was breaking up, but I'm usually out of the loop that way. I taught my grandkids the little dance that goes with "Big House". We always have a blast just dancing around! And Ocean Floor is definitely an all-time fave of mine.

Roxanne said...

Yes. . .Amy Grant of course. I can't say I have a FAVORITE. . .but I love Chris Rice, Nichole Nordeman, Bethany Dillon, Joy Williams, Steven Curtis Chapman, DC Talk. . .you see my problem here. :)

Melanie said...

I still love Michael W. Smith. Lately my daughter likes Chris Rice because of the Cartoon Song. We sing it out loud in the car.

Tammy said...

I'm so not up with all of the names in Christian music at the moment, but I still love Michael W Smith, S. C. Chapman, Twila Paris...

By the way...I FINALLY answered your questions yesterday. Please come by and see!

Mindy said...

I have to say that I like Audio Adrenaline as well but Steven Curtis Chapman has to be my fav.
In HIM -
Mindy

Susanne said...

Salvador, for sure, is at the top of my list. Really like 4 Him, too. Newsboys, Sierra and Phillips, Craig & Dean are up there too. And dare I admit that I really, really liked Plus One when they were around.

Crystal said...

When I was a teen, I LOVED AA, Third Day and Newsboys.

I'm not so sure I have a real favorite artist now, though I have many songs I really love.

I had no idea they were breaking up though! How sad.

LoriAnne said...

Personally, I'm a Hillsongs junkie!

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

Wow! This is like trying to say what your ONE favorite Bible verse is...

Let's see:
Amy Grant in her younger days
Evie (Coming to DFW soon, YEAH!)
Rebecca St James (coming with Evie)
Imperials
Steven Curtis Chapman
Michael W Smith
Darlene Zcheck (however you spell her name)
David Meece (earlier days)
Sandy Patty
Oh the list goes on and on....

samurai said...

My Favorites would be:

Steven Curtis Chapman
Russ Taff
Mercy Me

I danced my first dance with my bride to "I Will Be Here"...

JennaG said...

Yay, you went! I'm so glad you were able to work it out, and that you had a great time! My favorites are:
Carman
Amy Grant
The Gaither's
Chris Tomlin
Casting Crowns
And I could name more, but I won't! So glad you went.

Lisa writes... said...

Love Aaron Shust--his is a great CD! My favorites are Third Day, Chris Tomlin and David Crowder Band. I grew up with Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith--truly legends in their own right.

Connie Barris said...

OK.. let me jump on here...

I love Shane & Shane, Phillips, Craig and Dean, Casting Crowns and Brooklyn Tabernacle....

How's that for variety....

Connieq

naterspotaters said...

we play a LOT of AA songs at my youth group here in omaha, which i play bass for. yes, love them

Anonymous said...

Amy Grant... hands down the most gifted entertainer / songwriter in the business.