Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Too Sad

Just too sad to say much because of Virginia Tech. Having a girl away at college makes this hit home more than it would have even just a few years ago. I know what the parents of these kids went through to release their college freshmen, hoping and praying for their safety while they're away from home, praying for them every night when they can't tuck them in or just know they're home in bed. And then this happens. I loved my daughter when she was new-born; I thought I could not love her more than I did when she was 3, then 13, then 18 ... now she's twenty, and my heart still walks around outside my body with her wherever she goes, and I just want to talk to her today. My prayers are with the families of the Virginia Tech students and faculty.

9 comments:

Jen said...

i hope you can talk to your daughter real soon
I have been praying for those impacted by this
BIG HUGS

Deena said...

Amen...my 17 year old asked if I wanted her to go away to college now...I told her yes, and to watch out for those who keep to themselves, and that I would be in constant prayer...

Melanie said...

I thought about you this morning. I knew it must have hit home. Very sad for all involved. I also feel real compassion for the family of the shooter. What they must be going through.

Mike said...

I always wonder why a kid could go on a rampage like that. Still do.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Susan said...

Yes, it's moments like these that remind us just how precious and short life is. And I always want to hold my kids a little tighter when I hear this stuff.

Blessings, Linda.

:-) Susan

Connie Barris said...

My 19 year old daughter is away at college and I have talked to her 2 and three times a day since yesterday, telling her I love her. She knows what is happening when I do this.

It is a heartbreaking event.

You described it very well....

Connie

JennaG said...

Grieving with you...

Big Mama said...

It is humbling and sad to realize that we are so vulnerable to these kinds of people. I was thinking last night as I watched the news that if I had a child in college it would take every ounce of faith I have not to go pack them up and bring them home.

samurai said...

I know what you mean about your heart walking around outside your body.

I have distant cousins who work at VT (they are safe). They lost a brother in another shooting on a college campus over 20 years ago. They are reliving their grief all over again.