Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dream Day


Connie at Little Red Hearts from God has tagged me for a meme about dreaming. Now this is interesting because my boss has also set aside this Friday as "Dream Day" at work, where the staff will discuss our dreams for the future of Oneighty.

Hmm. God tends to reinforce themes/lessons/corrections with me. I may be onto something here. Anyway, I'm going to do this one today, but honestly, it won't be easy. Somewhere along the timeline of growing up, I stopped dreaming. My husband and I often discuss this topic. The dreams I do have are not exotic or exciting. I like the staus quo an awful lot--which makes going on vacation hard because nothing is routine. And I miss my own bed! I think you can see how rooted I am in the pracitcal, everyday hum-drum world. And yet, I'm aware of the scripture, "Without a vision, the people perish." Perish the thought! (Um, FYI, I know that was out of context, but it seemed like such a good idea to insert a scripture here. Mark of a true Bible scholar.)

Here are Connie's directions: What are your dreams? Not things that God has promised you, but things you dream about or things that you whisper in His ear. What are you believing God for? Be bold, Be Honest, Be courageous!

Some answers are serious ... some not so much :)

I dream that my kids will always have good relationships between them, as good as they are now. I cannot believe how well they get along and entertain each other. I did not think this was possible between siblings. This also shows me how much the Father desires us to be kind and loving to each other.

I dream that my dog will stop scream-barking every time the doorbell rings or we come through the door. I have a better chance of being elected as President of Uzbekistan. "Not gonna happen."

I dream that my kids will always walk with Christ.

I dream that when I "fall" on my bumpkus in life, like Miss USA in the Miss Universe pageant, I will jump right back up and walk like a princess.

I dream that I will actually regularly do what I sign up to do on this blog, like the Virtual Walk, The I AM so that You Don't Have to Be study, the May Day Weight Loss Challenge ....

I dream that I will lose 15 lbs or stopping caring about that 15 lbs.

I dream that my parents will live out the rest of their days in peace and that they will pass peacefully. They are 84 and 80.

I dream that my daughters will actually once in a while think I have a good idea, a clever idea, a non-weird idea, a legitimate, lucid idea of any kind at all.

I dream that my kids will actually eat the leftovers in the fridge and that I won't have to throw them (leftovers, not kids, although I've been tempted) out in a few days.

I dream that children all over the world will have so much food they will have leftovers.

I dream that Hall and Oates will return to within 100 miles of where I live so that I can go see them. I had tickets, but they cancelled due to illness (theirs), which is a whole 'nother post.

I dream that my son will rise up and bless me by saying, "Here, Mother; allow me to take out the trash without being commanded by your lovely voice."

I dream that Jim and Pam will get together on The Office. But you know it would go bad, like Sam and Diane on Cheers.

I dream of being published somehow, some way. Maybe after I take office in Uzbekistan.

I dream that science will discover that chocolate has the same nutritional benefits as broccoli.

I dream that I will be as sweet as Connie, as funny as Big Mama, Melanie and Deena, as spiritually wise as Susan and Lisa (with her beautiful hair), as encouraging as Susanne (also wise) and a combination of all of the rest of you in my blogroll who could bring world peace if you got together.

Have a Dreamsicle and join the fun, if you like!

10 comments:

Susanne said...

All great dreams. I especially loved the one about children having leftovers. And the chocolate brocolli dream. I'll dream those with you!

Barbara H. said...

What a creative way of doing this meme! You sound like me with vacations -- I'm a homebody and like my own bathroom and bed.

I may do this one later this week. It will take some thought.

George said...

A Dreamsicle -- what a splendiforous idea! Who thought of that, do tell?

samurai said...

I love dreamsicles and dream cycles. ;-)

Hmm... may God give you all a vision for where He is taking you.

And thank you for sharing those dreams...

Sandy said...

Love reading your dreams. Especially the ones about your kids!
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

Linda,
I so share the dream of being published. One step I took on that journey is to join the weekly writing challenge at Faithwriters.com. If, no, WHEN I make the Editor's Choice for a week my entry will be included in an actual printed book. How cool will that be! Come join me!

Sharon

The Preacher's Wife said...

I share your 'being published' dream, though I'm pretty content not being the president of any third world countries...:))

loved your list..i got tagged for this too...i'm working on that for friday..

hope you're having a great wednesday!

Connie Barris said...

I gave up ever writing til I came to your blog.... and say, Don't write like you ever went to college... then I had a party.. girl go...

Here I am trying to be humble and you are praising me and my head is swelling all big ya know...

I loved your answers... and I am like you... I would rather sleep in my own bed...ps... I carry my fan everywhere I go...

Lynn Donovan said...

Awesome Dreams. Just awesome. I have so much fun here.

Susan said...

Beautiful dreams Linda...go ahead and publish...you WRITE beautifully. I loved what I heard John Reynolds Gardiner say once when asked, "How did you get published?" He said, "I licked the 47th stamp." It turns out that he had been denied 46 times by 46 different people. He licked the 47th stamp and Stone Fox was born.

:-) Susan