Thursday, May 24, 2007

Friday's Feast, Nothing to do with Onions


Here is today's Friday's Feast.




Appetizer
Name a sound you like to hear.

My kids' voices on videotape when they were little. Many people don't realize that girls' voices change, too. Otherwise, we'd all sound like Minnie Mouse our whole lives. So I like to hear those sweet little voices, especially singing.

Sounds of the 70's like The Spinners, Kool and the Gang, Earth Wind and Fire, Firefall, Hall and Oates, Orleans, etc.

Soup
What is your favorite kind of cheese?

I am nonbiased, tolerant, accepting, sympatico with every cheese I've ever met. I have never burned a cheese in effigy, but I have burned some cheese on top of a casserole. I am glad that skeleton in the oven is now out in the open.

Salad
Do you sleep late on Saturday mornings? Why or why not?

No. I don't really even enjoy sleeping in late, anyway. Too much potential ahead in the day. I do not waste time, until after 9 p.m., when it is technically called relaxing.

Main Course
When was the last time you forgot something? What was it, and how long did it take to remember it?

At the cute dog contest, there were four or five other Yorkies there. Of course, I struck up conversations with all the owners. One owner and I were chatting, and I said, "What is her name?" and she said, "Zoe," to which I replied, "Really? Hers too!" nodding at my Zoe. About 30 minutes later, I ran into this woman in another spot and repeated the question. She replied almost inaudibly and turned away. I was toally embarrassed, and if I may say so, she was rude. I was only being friendly.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I notice ____________ when _____________.

How people look away during conversations when they're not really interested. Ouch.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Awwwwwww, I wish I had some appetizers like yours. My boys are teenagers now...that would have been great. Have a good weekend:)

Titania Starlight said...

Happy Friday.
Liked your salad. I could never get over how people on purpsoe waste their day away first thing in the morning. Too much living to do.

Have a great weekend.

Susanne said...

Two "Zoe" yorkies? That is amazing. That's too bad that lady was not a bit more graceful. Everyone forgets names at some point. Seems the older I get the harder time I have remembering names even when I can associate them with something.

tegdirb92 said...

I loved your appetizer answer :) Happy feasting

Nise' said...

Love your appetizer! I am on a quest to transfer video to DVDS one for each kid to have. Will it ever get done? I alway have big ideas!

Barbara H. said...

Love your appetizer!

I am kind of a slow starter in the mornings and don't really get energetic and get lots done til late morning and on into the day.

I can totally see myself doing something like you did with the dog's name. I hate it when I meet someone new in church, and by the time we're done chatting I've forgotten what their name is.

Susan said...

Great feast, Linda! I love the old videos of my kids before their voices changed. I also LOVE to listen to my Grandfather talk once again. It's such sweet blessing to me.

Your cheese comment cracks me up. I LOVE cheese...which is (I'm sure) why I have to go back to WW this summer!! '

Hugs to you!!

:-) Susan

Jen said...

Hall and Oates so cool

Michelle said...

I'm cracking up over your feast! I think we have the same type of humor. Unless you weren't intending to be funny, in that case I may hide in the corner eating ice cream.

Thanks for stopping by!

Connie Barris said...

I am so there with you on the last one.. I have actually completely changed the topic and the person I was talking to didn't notice...

RUDE...

I can't stand that....

Connie

Melody said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your appetizer. Great feast. :)