Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Got Nothin'

I know you're expecting me to say something semi-witty about AI, but I got nothin'. What I wouldn't give to hear Sanjaya bust out some Bon Jovi. Or see him fling some wild Bon Jovi hair. You know, "give us somethin' to blog about." But those halcyon days are over.

Sometimes, Hubby says I'm ... "mean" when I write here.**(see footnote) I think he's implying I'm less than kind. Or maybe downright mean. Yikes, I hope not. But how do I balance kindness with honesty? I hate to be negative, but this was my least favorite week so far. Maybe I just don't care for Bon Jovi music. Or Bon Jovi ego. But he is pretty. I told Hubby that Jon Bon Jovi is the female J Lo. You know what I mean.

As I type this, Lakisha has just planted one on Simon. Something is out of line in the universe--Simon is losing his Simonness and becoming human. I prefer Simon Le Gris on this show, not sweet Simon from Seventh Heaven.

Oh, poor Jordin.

Oh, Blake, Bla-Bla-Bla-Blake (uhn-un-cha un-cha). What did you think of this rendition? I was of the half who Simon said would not like it.

Oh Chris. That's a lot of rocker yellin'.

Oh Melinda. Save this show tonight. Do you think she completely got the message in this song? She's so nice I think she might have been sincerely, emphatically, wishing people, "Have a nice day." I agree with what Paula said, "It's not the kind of lyric you like."

It's Dub and Laura! Did you catch that dance he referred to? An African musical group came to the White House and while they performed, they danced, and Dub got down with them, with the requisite pursed lips of someone who's totally diggin' their own moves. If you missed this on the news, you must find the video. On second thought, you might not have time to find the full length version, so here ya go:

See President Bush Boogie Down.


This week has stymied me. Maybe I will block it out as though it never happened and vote with my heart because, after all, as Bon Jovi said in his arrogant Sinatra-inspired song, "It's my life." Therefore, I'm voting for George Bush.

So what did you think about AI this week?

**Footnote: Hubby's opinion may be tainted and not totally objective. He has been reading comments from the DiscipleNow post, and he is obviously jealous of the love fest I'm basking in from my blogger girlfriends. I am encouraging him to find his own hobby, one that suits his needs and skill sets, like, say, the Amateur C-Span Speech Transcriptionists Club. See? I'm nice!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

I like Bon Jovi- the 80's stuff. So it was interesting to me to watch tonight. Lakisha was my fav., followed by Blake. I thought he was brave to go there with a Bon Jovi song. :>)

Linda said...

Somehow I missed out on both the Bon Jovi craze and the U2 craze. I know; I'm crazed.

Connie Barris said...

I might have liked Bon Jovi once.. but I don't remember... Cuz I don't now...

I love Jordin but that hair.. I'm sorry.. She must have been really missin Sanjaya.. they have this hair thing going on....

Yes, I'm with you.. Simon is getting all mushy on us... what is up with that!?

Maybe AI has seen it's last year...

I had no idea about the dance thing with Dub but I knew you would.. so I"m going to check it out...

Blake would do great doing cartoons .....

see ya...

Deena said...

I adore Bon Jovi, but in small doses...so I passed on tonight. Couldn't take the chance of having my favorite songs Idolized...

and I caught Dubya's dancing...he was gettin' down with his bad self, and enjoying himself for the first time since the Dems took office I think!!

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

I missed it because I was at the sad, sad, sad ballgame (See my post for today on my blog)

But I did see the George and Laura dance recently. It made our news like 3 times.

And tell Dear Hubby that you are just 'truthful' and the truth sometimes hurts and sounds mean. Keep up the good work :-)

Susanne said...

The Bon Jovi era ploughed on without me. It was during our decade of basically not listening to any music that was not Christian based. But it was interesting to watch. I was also in the crowd that didn't like Blake's rendition. Simply for the fact that it was supposed to be rock night, not whatever it is that he does night. If anyone else had done that they would have been lambasted. It made me laugh though, that the maniacal whoohooing in the background at the end of his song was Paula. I thought it was some 16 year old going beszerk. Too funny.

Morning Glory said...

I'm definitely not a Rock fan, but I thought last night was pretty entertaining. It's got to be a tough style to sing if it's not their style and I thought they did pretty well. Blake is sort of a mystery to me.

I'm still a Melinda fan, all the way!

I can't figure out why the Bush's were shown. That made no sense at all. And I'm really, really glad Sanjaya is gone.

samurai said...

I enjoy Bon Jovi. I miss the 80's rock sometimes... too bad the oldies stations don't play enough of the stuff I really liked. :)

As for Dub and Laura - they represented! :)

Tammy said...

Well, you'll never believe it Linda. I was home alone with my five year old and trying to find a kid show when I saw the words, American Idol, on our DirectTV on screen listing as I scrolled. In a weaker than weak moment, I clicked on it just to peak at what was going on...and I do believe that lady you posted a picture of was wailing.
Before we watched more than four seconds, my five year old laughed and said,
"No, not this program...too show-offy!"
Out of the mouths of babes...heehee

Susan said...

OK, I was never a BonJovi fan, but I LOVED last night!! I even told DS 1 (who posted Blake's song on his blog today) that I wanted to go buy a BonJovi CD...I enjoyed it. I think people rose to the occasion and I think Melinda did an amazing job. The only one that I think is "on the line" is poor Jordin! I love her and I know that no matter what she'll land on her feet. She's too good not to...I personally think this is the best final six ever.

And yes, you're a NICE person!!

:-) Susan

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Just stopped by to have a second cup of coffee with you! Thanks!

Heth said...

Love Blake. Love, love, love him.
Can we still be friends?