Saturday, May 26, 2007

Scripture Walk

I took a 30 minute walk and took my regular old non-fancy camera. These images reminded me of scripture. They are not supposed to be beautiful images, just ones that sparked God's word in my memory. Maybe you'd like to try this, too?

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. (Acts 20:24) I end up walking this road almost every day of my life, so it's a good metaphor for me.




I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. (Romans 16:17) Obviously, these are unpleasant obstacles. How do I naviate snares/temptations/setbacks/disappointments daily?


The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalm 19:1) Some like the sea or the mountains; I like the sky. I cannot look at it without thinking about God, past, present and future, especially when rays shoot out like this.





Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8) This dog's eyes photographed like white lights--eerie. I am reminded of Dennis Jernigan's old song, "I belong to Jesus."




And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. (Genesis 3:8-10) This is a little squirrel hiding from me. To hide from God is one of the most fruitless acts (pardon the pun) and yet we still try, as well as try to hide from ourselves (denial) and others (deceit).


And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. (Luke 19:40)







Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow. (Psalm 144:4) This is my shadow. Funny, it also looks a little like those statues of Christ like the one in Brazil. Daily I remember that life is short, just as shadows grow short.





For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:20) We are without excuse. Nature is the first proof that He is and was and will be. We are without excuse about our sin, too. Someday, I want to be in the presence of the one who created works like this perfect peony.

11 comments:

Barbara H. said...

What a wonderful way to meditate on God's Word!

The Preacher's Wife said...

What a fabulous idea!

I love all the Scriptures...:)

Connie Barris said...

That was awesome.... You know it's so true that God is in everything...

how you depict His presence out of scripture.. out of the basic... I love it.....

Thanks for your words today...

Blessings.... Keep me posted on the comfort cafe if it works out.. I think you'd be awesome...

Connie

Tammy said...

Linda...Wow! This was wonderful and creative and I was completely blessed by the scriptures with their photographs. Wonderful!

Susan said...

I love this. It would be fun to even do this with the photos in our files on the computer. Great reminders of God...

:-) Susan

Susanne said...

This was really cool, Linda! Nature always brings me closer to God so what a creative way to meditate on God's word!

ellen b said...

What a great idea to remember scripture in our everday experiences. Blessings.

Angela said...

HI, I was just looking at your blog and saw that MM's are you fav candy! have seen the site www.becomeanmm.com?? It is fun! My kids love it and I have to admit that I like it too! Angela

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

Love this!

Now I would have had to make EIGHT blog entries out of these pictures 'cause each picture would have had to have been it's only "Little Lesson" :-) Heehee!

Thanks for sharing your walk with us!

Laura said...

Linda, thank you for this wonderful "stations" exercise. The photos are wonderful, and creatively capture the essence of the verses you share. This is one of my favs from you!

Jen said...

i loved your documented Scripture walk