Friday, May 11, 2007

Time to Feast!


Is it Friday already?

Appetizer
Tell about a time when you had to be brave.

When I was a girl, we were under a tornado warning, common here in Indiana. There were no men around. I'm not sure if this was because it was during the work day, or if the men ran away yealling, "Every man for himself!" a la George Castanza running from the fire. Ha. Our next-door neighbor had three small children and was afraid of storms. My mother and I went over to help her. For some reason, I pulled a mattress off of a bed and put it over us in the hallway. We survived. (How's that for brevity?) After the storm, I went to move the mattress back and could not budge it one inch. So somehow, during the storm when my adrenalin was pulsating, I had the strength of 12 Grinches. Afterward, I was back to being regular old me.

Soup
Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?

Shrek. And Melinda Doolittle does NOT look like Fiona. Shame on you.

Salad
Name an item you try to always have on hand.

Dental floss. I have spaces. Chicken and popcorn are the banes of my existence. Did you know that if you floss regularly, you can add up to 1 1/2 years to your life? So Luke 12:25 warns us that worrying cannot add a single hour to our lives, but a little flossy-floss and you're good for an extra 18 months or so.

Main Course
Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!

Any library setting is great for me. I also like to hunker down in my sleigh bed at night. And no, "hunker down" is not a euphemism for anything else.

Dessert
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?

Well, at first it sounds prideful, but let me explain: I'd say 8 or 9 because I think so much about God and Jesus and everything else related to them a good part of the day, all day long. So I must be spiritually minded. That's not to say I am "good."

8 comments:

tegdirb92 said...

wow--didn't know that about the flossing (look out, here comes a bus :)) :)

Have a great weekend!

Alice Teh said...

I shall floss more regularly from henceforth. Hehe... Great feast! A library sounds blissful to me. Have a wonderful weekend!

Deena said...

LOL!! I just love you...wish we were neighbors...

Connie Barris said...

My teeth are so close together I have to use special skinny floss...

I think we were separated at birth..

too funny

Connie

Barbara H. said...

I didn't know that about flossing!

The Preacher's Wife said...

Is that true about the flossing or did your crazy self make that up??? If it is true, what in the world does flossing have to do with longevity??? ! That is just crazy talk!

Carol said...

Blech. I hate flossing. I do it only to avoid getting fussed at by my nazi hygenist.

I'm with you on the bedroom thing. Mine is a sanctuary. No electronic devices allowed.

Susan said...

I believe the "floss thing" because my dentist explained that your teeth are connected to everything, including heart health. Interesting.

And the adrenaline "rush" is a sure thing, isn't it??

Great feast, Linda!!

Hugs.

:-) Susan