Friday, June 22, 2007

54% Real

Oh these silly little quizzes ...
You Are 54% Real

You're pretty real with people, but you can't help hiding a good part of yourself.
You're not truly happy with who you are at times... and believe it or not, it shows.
Try not to hide parts of your life from the people who matter to you.
Your friends and family are probably a lot more accepting than you realize!


Truth is, sometimes (about half the time?) I'm OK with who I am and letting people see who I am. Sometimes I'm open to a fault. Other times, I'm very dissatisfied with myself both inside and outside, and feel ashamed. Something tells me I'm not alone in this funhouse of warped mirrors! And in the spirit of realness, this picture of me is the confident, smart one, the petite brunette with the perky nose. The one who writes here mostly is a thick blonde with a witch's bump on the nose!

4 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

I took the quiz, tried to be perfectly honest about it, and it was kind of an "ouch" situation for me. Apparently I have a lot of areas of insecurity that keep me from being really upfront with people!

Linda, thanks so much for your recent comments on my blog...they're so full of thought and wisdom.

As for "Sadie's Song"...it's actually been years since I read it, so I can't remember how much it focuses on the violence. I remember there being parts that were sad, but it wasn't enough to put me off the book. I'm like you...I have no use at all for gratuitous violence. And if a book has a lot of darkness in it, it has to have redeeming light as well...and I remember "Sadie's Song" as definitely having that light.

Connie Barris said...

I took this test...I was 92% real... or 8% fake... whichever way you want to look at it..

or did I cheat.. or do I know who I am... or or or..

Let's just say, I call it like I see it.. without being mean...

My friends say.. that I can tell someone to go to $&*%@ in the most polite way... not sure how to take that.. but oh well...

so on the warped mirror.. yes.. let me going on living that way...

Lana G! said...

I can relate to the warped mirrors!

There are times that I get on that broom of mine and terrorize those around.

Father, forgive me!

Susan said...

I think so many of us have these "warped mirrors" that you speak of. I'll have to go take the quiz. It's hard. It's scary. It's vulnerable.

Thanks for sharing.

:-) Susan