Friday, June 01, 2007

Chompin' Down Friday

TGIF-FTA= Thank Goodness It's Friday's Feast Time Again= Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Name something you think is “the best.”

That's hard because I use a lot of superlatives, which irritates my husband. But here's my list:

1. My husband
2. My salmon grilling (see last 2 posts below)
3. My blogroll friends, otherwise known as: the mighty winds beneath my wings (And I mean that in a good way. I really do. Honest.)
4. Jesus, who I would put at the top of my list, but time is short this morning.
5. My mom's roast and mashed potatoes, our Sunday meal when I was little
6. Best summer song: "Walkin' on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, no relation to the hurricane Katrina and the waves with the lower case "w."
7. The perks at my job. Churches celebrate everything with food.
8. Best beach I've been to: Sarasota with white sand. Note: I'm not there right now.
9. Best movie in the comedy category: Tie: Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind, Napoleon Dynamite
10: Best dog in the universe whom I always manage to mention in Friday's Feast: (The winner is): My Zoe.


Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 highest), how stressed are you today?

6. I need to get ready for work, which has been declared "Dream Day" today by my boss, who wants us to come prepared with visionary ideas for the future of the ministry. I have trouble visualizing what to cook for dinner.

Salad
What kind of cleanser do you use to wash your face?

Dove, because they have won me over with their Real Beauty campaign

Main Course
Tonight is a blue moon! What is something that you believe only happens “once in a blue moon.”

Oh, how tempting to be wild and crazy here. Once in a blue moon, a talent like Sanjaya comes along. Once in a blue moon, my kids are either all at home with us, or they're all gone and we're alone. Once in a blue moon, I get a raise. Once in a blue moon, I lose a pound.

Dessert
When was the last time it rained where you live?

Last night on a lawn freshly mowed by the best husband.

12 comments:

Hootin'Anni said...

Zoe is adorable!! Yorkie, right? And there is another song by Roger Miller....a very OLD song..."Walking in the sunshine sing a little sunshine song-------"

Happy feasting.

Nise' said...

Can't believe you didn't add shooting a fox to your appetizers! LOL. I can relate to your soup! Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

I see a definite pattern of wind in your appetizer list of bests. We get lots of wind here. Why don't you come for a visit. You'd be happy, happy, happy.

tegdirb92 said...

wow--what an expansive BEST list :) Great answers!

Melanie said...

Sweet.

No one should have to "dream" on a friday. Your brain is just too tired by then. Maybe a Tues, in December. Yeah. That's it.

Sandy said...

Our dog, Haggis (Cairn Terrior) would like to meet Zoe.

When can we set it up? ha.

See my ice-cream trough post, and a picture of my son Garrett holding Haggis McStitch!

Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers

Raggedy said...

Zoe is so cute!
Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

Don't you just hate it when it rains on a freshly mowed lawn? :)
Great feast!
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=24

Deven said...

Two amens from this portion of the peanut gallery

--Waiting for Guffman (I haven't seen it in five years or so, and I still chuckle to self when I think about it.) ::chuckle, snort::

--Dove and the Real Beauty campaign. Three cheers for Dove (and their great face wash)!

jen said...

cool song "walking on Sunshine"
your zoe is so cute

crickl said...

I almost forgot the FF today til I saw your post! I have a recipe on my FF for fudge pie (and yes, it's a bribe to come by...lol).

LOVE your songs of summer! Great choices!

Happy Friday =)
crickl's nest

Susan said...

Gotta love Siesta Key Beach...next time you're there, make sure you call...I'll come runnin' down to visit!!

:-) Susan