Friday, June 29, 2007

Beef: It's what's for Friday's Feast


Friday's Feast


Appetizer
How many pieces of jewelry do you wear most days?

Three. Not big on it. I take if off as soon as I come in the door, like shoes.

Soup
What is your favorite instrumental song?

At first I was stumped, but then a I remembered a song that I fell in love with on a commercial years ago for, of all things, beef. It is from Aaron Copland's Rodeo, and it's called Hoe-Down. It makes me envision horses playing in the snow. Skip along to 1/4 of the way in or so, and I bet you'll recognize the music. Here is a snip of it:



Salad
Who has a last name that you like?

For those who know me, this is a sore subject with me.
Anyway, probably a big, beautiful one like VanLandingham, but I wouldn't want it because it's too long and sounds like something from a bad novel. Scratch VanLandingham. I'll go with ... Ferris.


Main Course
Name a popular movie you’ve never seen.

Titanic, Ocean's Eleven, etc., LOTR, Braveheart. That enough?

Dessert
Fill in the blank: Nothing makes me smile like babies smiling. (When you're stuck for an answer, always go with babies and puppies. Just kidding. I do love smilin', laughin' babies, the favorites being videos of my own when they were little.)

17 comments:

Kate said...

Good feast Linda! I take my jewelry off right away too. It bugs me to wear it. Sometimes I take my earrings off in the car on the way home. Wierd huh?

Carol said...

I thought I was bad about not seeing all the popular movies! I've seen most of your not-seens, though.

Fun one, today!

Susanne said...

Wow, I thought everyone on earth had seen Titanic. I don't wear much jewelry either. Love earrings but they make my earlobes go beserk and I can't wait to get home and get them out.

Gattina said...

You should see Titanic, it's really a very good movie I think I saw it 3 x and could see it again !

tegdirb92 said...

Loved your dessert. I agree. Great feast answers! have a wonderful Friday.

Barbara H. said...

Loved your dessert! I haven't seen Titanic or any of the Ocean's film, either.

Barry said...

Ah.....love "Hoedown".

Sounds like we're on the same wavelength!

Roxanne said...

"What's for dinner? Beef." So says Sam Elliot in his incredibly incredible gravely voice. . .

Lori said...

Yikes....sounds like you need to work on your main course. Happy FF.

samurai said...

I had to laugh at the "Hoe Down"! LOL

I can't believe you've never seen LOTR! wow...

Have a blessed weekend. :)

Southern Girl said...

Awww, it makes Baby Southern Girl cry to think that you haven't seen the wonder that is LOTR! *sniffle* You can definitely skip Titanic though...only good part is when the ship sinks. ;)

Connie Barris said...

I don't do jewelry either....drives me crazy...

OK... so... how does one get by without seeing the Titanic??

Lynn said...

Girl!! You Rock!!

Every time I stop in I want to tell you how much you crack-me-up!!!

Okay the music is playing while I am typing. Too FUN!!!

I loose my jewlery also, shoes, shirt (no not shirt). Just kiddin'.

Fun and delight as usual. Love you, Lynn

Susan said...

Great feast, Linda. How are the feet today?????

:-) Susan

Jerri B said...

This was a big hit at our house today. We call the music "The Steak Song", and today I called it hysterical watching my children dance around to it. My still-sick one wanted it on so he could listen while he napped on the couch. I don't know whether it was weirder for him to want to listen to it or for me to let him.

The Woman said...

Why am I suddenly craving a nice, big steak?

Melanie said...

Sooo, all this time we've been eating horse??