Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Rock? I'm a Girl? I Got an Award?

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life and Susan at Learning for Lifetime bestowed this honor upon me. I am not sure about the criteria for this award, but it sounds like an award for a young, witty, cool blogger who probably has rockin' great hair, a Barbie shape and a fun weekend planned. I hit one out of six of those--I am young--according to my 81 year-old mom. And now my nominees:

The Preacher's Wife
where Lisa, with really great hair, I might add, regularly inspires and entertains me. And forgives me (I hope) for failing miserably at a certain Bible study.

My Quotidian Mysteries
Where Laura embodies coolness. And she is going to live in Qatar. And she is smart. That is why you had to look up "Quotidian" a minute ago.

'Nise at Under the Boardwalk
who I just realized spells her name Nise', not 'Nise. Anyway, I love reading her because she is so down-to-earth and humble, and, as a bonus, she happens to look a lot like DeNISE Richards:











A Southern Girl's Guide to Almost Anything where Southern Girl has been, "linked," shall we say to this man:


Family Doin's
Then there's Tammy, who I never get to read enough of. She likes old movies, and I love that about her. She is also a great mom and a great encourager.


And finally, This Ain't New York, where Melanie Makes Me Merry on Mondays, and the other 6 days, too, but they don't start with "M."

There you have it. Rock on, Girls!

10 comments:

Connie Barris said...

OMG.. how perfect are they... I agree...

Oh that was so precious of Nise...

yes... you did great.. they are,,,
Rock sTarS!!!

Talk..to..Grams said...

"Congrats" on your award! I saw this at Cindy's! This is a nice way to meet new friends!
Grams

Melanie said...

Kudos to you!

And thanks for the nomination. According to the criteria you mentioned above, I don't even qualify for a nod. LOL

Southern Girl said...

I only WISH I were linked to him! Tied to him...whatever. ;) Thanks, Linda!!

Nise' said...

Thank you so much! I have had a few people say I look like her, but more tell me I look like Elise the mom from Family Ties (Meredith Baxter).

PS I want people to know my dye job is not as bad as the pictures makes it too look!! LOL

Cindy Swanson said...

Wow...double-winner! You really do rock!

I'm going to check out the blogs on your list. I visited Nise' recently, and I couldn't believe she is the age she says she is. She looks great!

I'm enjoying this Rockin' Girl thing!

Tammy said...

Thank you, Linda...you are SO sweet!

I'm now paranoid that you picked me because of my pitiful envy comment I left on your other post...but hey, I will accept this because coming from such a rockin' blogger as you, it is truly an honor! :)

(((HUGS)))

Deena said...

Cool Beans!

The Preacher's Wife said...

Coming from the Queen of Cool, I am soooo honored...

Go see my blog, I have a special picture there for you...:))

Thanks for thinkin' of me...:))

Lisa

Laura said...

So, it's a tad late to be leaving this, but ...

*!*!*!THANK YOU!!!*!*!*!*!

Linda - thanks for the love, the props, the joy, the bliss, the honor. I can't wait to post this thing and crow about it.