Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ode to a Naive Bride at Internet Cafe


On June 15, 1985, I was a college graduate of three weeks and a bride of 24 hours. I remember languishing poolside in Floridian bliss, humming along to the popular song “Everybody Wants to Rule the World,” sipping a cold drink and exchanging smiles with my groom. I didn’t want to rule the world exactly, but I did have big plans for my new married life.

When I hear the song now, I smile at the irony of the first line: “Welcome to your life; there’s no turning back ….” At 22, what did I know about a commitment to care forever—no turning back? ....


Read the rest at:

6 comments:

Susanne said...

What a beautiful pic!

And I still can't get over how much your son looks like your hubby. Wow.

Deena said...

Well, Happy Anniversary! You beat me by one week...ours is the 21st!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary

Sandy said...

Hey, girl! Happy Anniversary. Hopefully you didn't want to rule your marriage (and your man!). At 22 weren't we so "young?"
HA HA
Fun, beautiful pix.
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers
PS Check out the car I won this week (well, truck).

Gretchen said...

Happy Anniversary! I wasn't married yet, but I was seriously dating my hubby. :)

Love your wedding picture~gorgeous!

masgblog said...

my first real visit to your site...Happy Belated Anniversary....