Wednesday, June 27, 2007

People You Should Know

Today, Susanne at Living to Tell the story blessed me by naming me one of her recipients for this award. I found out at work, and it made my day. But Susanne has a way of making my day quite often. Probably what touched me the most is that she said, "I am always able to be myself around Linda, and that is more precious than gold." I feel the same about her, and that is the mark of true friendship. What she finds in my blog that deserves the award I don't know, because it is her kind of writing I believe this was truly meant for, but I am not allowed to return her the honor of this award. So thank you, Susanne.

So, in the spirit of this award, I want to recognize the originator, a teenaged girl enthralled with Lord of the Rings. You can meet her here.

Here are her stipulations for granting the award:

"As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them."

"This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given."


That's a pretty tall order from a 16 year-old girl, but here are my nominees:

That said, let me acknowledge Connie, of Little Red Hearts from God. Here is a description lifted from her profile that paints a good likeness of Connie:
I am the daughter of the King.(Jn 1:12) I am absolutely passionate about my Abba. And He is passionate about me. I have recently been called on a new journey. I have left my job of many years to go into Hospice Nursing. I know this was the calling of my Savior. Praise Him. Connie is poetic, intelligent, in tune with God, and has a faithful way of lifting Him up. I always leave her site inspired.

I will also acknowledge Susan, at Learning for a Lifetime. Susan's profile includes: I'm a child of God, wife, mother of four sons, teacher, learner, author, speaker, scrapbooker, and friend. Susan is thoughtful, articulate, and shares vulnerably about motherhood, her faith, and teaching. I am proud to have her on my blogroll.

It was a serendipitous day when I found Heather (Heth) at From Under the Laundry Pile. Sadly, her current post is about her grandfather's recent passing, but the tenderness in the post itself is indicative of her personality throughout her posts. She reminds me of the scripture about how Mary pondered all the things in her heart that were happening around her baby, Jesus. It is a sweet place to stop and have your spirit touched.

I am not the first to honor Lynn of Spiritually Unequal Marriage for her wonderful blog. Before I knew who she was, I was subscribing to her blog about believers being married to nonbelievers, and that is not even my own marital situation. It was that her writing was so inspiring and so encouraging that I found lots of things to help grow me spiritually. Since then, we have laughed with each other and encouraged each other, mainly Lynn reaching out to me. I feel safe with Lynn, and although we've never met, she is very dear to me. When I see a comment or email from her, I am a very happy blogger.

If you are at a place in life when you are beginning to appreciate your heritage more and more, and especially if you might happen to be in your forties or fifties right now, you might thoroughly enjoy Valerie's Grandma's Diary as much as I do, although I don't get to visit as often as I'd like. This blog really does make me reflect on my heritage. So many of the posts speak about my parents' era and help me understand the world a little better. This diary is both a personal treasure and a national treasure unique to our country in a certain era, and so I think it deserves this award. Please drop by there if you love nostalgia and long for a time when gentility of our country's early years and the modernity of the WWII era first merged. It's very sweet, and fun.

10 comments:

it's me, Val said...

Wow, thank you, Linda. I am so so honored! This is just awesome. Means so much to me, but even more to grandma, I know. Thank you again . .. you truly made my day!

Carol said...

Susanne chose well! And thanks for letting us know your picks.

Susanne said...

I know two of your choices and now I have 3 new ones to go visit!

Isn't it amazing that a 16 year old girl came up with this wonderful award? He mamma must be very proud of her very mature young lady!

Gretchen said...

You could not have honored more amazing women. Kudos, Linda.

Connie Barris said...

You know.. I can always say something..

but at the moment.. I'm speechless and humbled...

so I'm coming back later.. when I can talk...

wow

Heth said...

Awww shucks. Thanks so much Linda.

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

I read 3 of your 5 nominees faithfully and wholeheartly agree with your selections :-)

Lynn said...

Oh Linda,

You and I were chosen long before time began to become friends. Our friendship is rich, full of life, laughter and a dose of reality.

You are priceless. I am humbled to be mentioned along with those you have chosen. Humbled, Thank you.

The Lord is my author and I give Him the honor!!

BTW, You are one of the few blogs I read with absolute regualarity as I have enourmous time constraints.

You thrill me, make my roll on the floor laughing, encourage me and help me see God in so many things.

I love you with an eternal love my friend, Blessings, Lynn

Linda said...

Wow, I am having a feel good moment here!

Connie Barris said...

I have posted my award...

again, thank you... what a special blessing