Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Remember how I told you that the Holy Spirit sometimes reinforces themes or lessons with me? You thought I was kidding. Two examples:

1. One day last week, a cassette tape was on my dresser. I thought, "Where did that come from? Wow. We don't even have a cassette player anymore. I should probably pitch it, but I hate to, because it's one of my favorite sermons from [my pastor]. Oh well." I pitched it. The following Sunday--guess what his sermon was? THE EXACT SAME SERMON which had not been preached in years probably. Needless to say, I asked for a CD copy of the sermon that week! PS: The sermon is called, "What Happens After I Die?" Hmmm.

2. The Life of Pi (reviewed below) has been in my thoughts since I read it. Now I'm seeing "Pi" everywhere. Today, for example, my 74 year-old father-in-law rang the doorbell and stood there holding a homemade lattice-top pie that he baked. He is a man of few words. I believe what he said was, "Here." Very random. I don't know whether to eat it or analyze it like I did the book. Perhaps my father-in-law has gone post modern and couldn't find the words to tell us.

And finally, I took this quiz and came out 50%. I'm not surprised. The other 50% is chocolate.


Mingle2 - Free Online Dating

6 comments:

Connie Barris said...

My ex-father in law was just like that... but mumbled.. so it would have been.. Her slur slur pie.. slur more slur...and no smile so I wouldn't know if I was in trouble or what...

So I laughed hysterically when you said should you eat it or analyze it...

obviously.... they don't read your blog....

Jen said...

LOL Im 2 % MORE addicted to coffee than you are my friend
bless your fil bet it was yummmy

Susanne said...

Well I came out at 81% which totally surprised me. I thought it would be around 95 - 100%. :v)

Eat that pie, lady! Who wants to analyze anything with drool dripping down ones's chin!

Melanie said...

I just took the quiz and was 67% addicted. Very sad.

Heth said...

I've been catching up on reading your posts from the last week or two. (I'm just not staying caught up with the new baby and everything) You are seriously cracking me up. Especially the shoe post. Makes me want to run out the the nearest bogo sale and spend all my money.

Amber said...

You are funny, that is strange though about the sermon. I also took the quiz, I'm 67% addicted, which is NOT good, I'm trying to cut down bcz I'm nursing, but I drink it to keep up with the other six DC.

Happy 4th!

God Bless,
Amber

PS~ Maybe I'll post a picture if my favorite not so plain Clarks just for you...the other 3 I have are plain though, but COMFY with a touch of cute:)