Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Charmed, I'm Sure!


Thirteen Things about My Charm Bracelet




Do you have a bracelet like this? I do. I have two. I devote today's issue of TT to the Italian Charm Bracelet. What charms are on yours? Here are 13 of my favs:

1. "Chicks with brains" looks something like this:




2. "Curious George" because that's my husband's name. Except George is his first name, not "Curious." However, if it were "Curious," that would be ironic because then he would be "Curious Crow," which STILL sounds like a storybook character.




3. Various Yorkie charms. Kinda like this, only mine's cuter. Which is predictable, since my dog is always cuter. Than Anything.






4. One that says, "Isaiah 1:1-9" which is a mistake. If you read this passage, you will see it's not very charming. It even mentions open sores. I meant to have it say Isaiah 30:21, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, you will hear a voice saying, "This is the road! Now follow it." Much better.

5. A cardinal. Because I grajeated from Ball State University. Go Cards.













6. Quite appropros, wouldn't you say?










7. A Hershey Kiss because I love chocolate, and we went to Hershey, PA, a couple of years ago.













8. Charms to represent my faith.










9. Ronald Reagan is my hero.







10. Books because I was an English major and because I like to read. Only my charm doesn't have an apple on top because I never used my teaching degree. But I have eaten an apple while I read before.







11. A football because of this kid:













12.
Theatre masks because of these clowns,er,kids:















13. And this one, because it says it all. I didn't intend for this pic to be so big, but it popped up this way, and I guess that's telling. My momness overshadows everything about me.

Now, what charms you???

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Well, that's what I'm supposed to do. I don't think I know how.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



20 comments:

Lara Angelina said...

Hi!
I can't believe I found another person who went to Ball State University. I was there a LONG time ago and only stayed a year. Lived in Misch (sp?) Hall. I remember floors 8-5 were female, 4 was a common and 3-1 were male. Woo, that brought back memories! Loved your bracelet too!
good TT!
Lara

Susanne said...

Lovely charms. I don't have one of those. I'm a wimp. I can't stand how they catch your skin and hairs in them.

Fence said...

Those are cute. I think I'd quite like a charm bracelet, but I don't wear bracelets so I'm not sure how much use I'd get :)

Happy T13

Laura said...

I don't have a charm bracelet either, but those are delightful! (I think you probably need a second cup of coffee one too, right? (smirk)

Love that the mom picture came up so big and grand.

You are totally delightful.

Carol said...

Great T-13! I do love bracelets and these are like scrapbooks that you can wear!

Miss Paula said...

I love your thirteen!! Especially the coffee and the kiss!! I didn't see any of the kisses at Hershey last week!!!

GarthTrekker said...

Some great charmers! Thanks for stopping by Bloggin' Outloud. Hey me and my spouse graduated in 82 - love that hair! (saw your next post) :-) Lyn

Krystle said...

I love charm bracelets! I have one myself - Great idea! :)

Happy TT!

Amber said...

Them there charms are purdy! I did a TT for the first time, you are quite an influence on me-LOL!

God Bless,
Amber

Jenny McB said...

I bead and have seen these charms, but I loved that you had a story for each one. What a neat idea for a TT13!

I have jingly one that I have had for 30 years. But these charm bracelets are quieter! Very pretty and meaningful to you.

Jen said...

what a lovely bracelet and interesting post about them all :)

Connie Barris said...

I love the bracelets bec. I like to see or hear about people's life stories.. I guess that is why I do what I do.... hmmmmm...

Love your TT's...

Glad you are back... how was it??

Susan said...

I have the same book one that you do. I love your Thursday Thirteen. I'm just in off of my vacation where I'm actually able to visit. Hope you're doing well!!

:-) Susan

Ang said...

I just got my 1st bracelet like this. My fave is my 'bella' charm, because it means beautiful in Spanish (if i remember correctly, if it doesn't I'll just pretend it does! LOL!) and it sits next to my "child of God" one :)

Melanie said...

Charming...

wink wink

Joyful Days said...

Those are wonderful bracelets, Linda.

Thanks for giving me the heads up about my non-functioning link. It was my fault. I always double check...but didn't take the time today.

Blessings,

Julie

Cindy Swanson said...

What a great TT, Linda! I loved it.

Amy said...

I have always thought that these bracelets are neat!! I don't have one but if I did, it would have the following charms: grey's anatomy, tennis, spanish, harry potter, shitzu, and many more!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Jen said...

Im not being a copycat but Im going to get one
id never heard of these before but i liked it so much i went looking for one on a New Zealand auction site I use :)
might show you mine one day :)

Gretchen said...

My best girlfriend went to Ball State. However, she's Catholic, so she roots for Notre Dame. I have a charm bracelet about half filled. I actually have a Starbucks logo on one of my links. Can we say: addiction?