Thursday, July 05, 2007

You Can Call Me Anything You Want, Just Don't Call Me Late for Friday's Feast


Friday's Feast
First of all, I am working on something with a little more substance than these quizzes and memes for a post that's due in a couple of days on Internet Cafe. So since I've been so studious and serious working on that piece, I'm allowing myself to be a little silly this week at 2nd Cup. (Sorry. I know that you came here for edification and a dose of holiness, but a fount of wisdom can only spray so long and so far in a drought. Hey, tuck away that last sentence under "wise sayings about fountains by Linda." You're welcome.)


Old Feast, since the Chef is out of the kitchen today: (Guess she couldn't stand the heat.)

Appetizer
What is a word that your family uses that would not be considered common?

REBO as in "Don't Rebo the dog!" A friend of mine told me how her family was playing baseball in their backyard, when their Chihuahua, "Rebo," was hit on the head with the ball and was pronounced dead on the scene before he even got a chance to walk to first base. It was tragic. And ever since then, when someone gets nearly beaned, we're always yelling, "Don't Rebo me, Doofus!" or "Did you see that guy get Rebo'd by that falling air conditioner?"

Soup
What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?
It's usually dogs or chickens, but this year it's nature, I think. Shows how much I even look at it. Who needs a calendar when you worry about things six weeks in advance in your sleep like I do.

Salad
Name 3 people you speak with on a daily basis.
Mainly Zoe. It's hard not talk to someone who follows you around the whole time you're home like you're Oprah about ready to give away some of your favorite things, i.e. bites of your food. Sometimes I talk to my teenagers, if I'm feeling the need to be corrected or shown how dumb I am.

Main Course
If you could put a new tattoo on someone you know - who would it be, what would the tattoo be of, and where would you put it on them?

On my forehead:









Dessert
What is the last beverage you drank out of a glass bottle?
Green tea when I was doing my coffee fast. Blech.

14 comments:

Margaret said...

LOL, Your Rebo sounds a whole lot like our "Bobo" phrase. I'd explain it, but it's a bit confusing. A video of the situation will work, but I'll have to scare our poor BoBo into putting on a show and I love him too much to do that.

Love the calendar question. This year I was calendar-less. I have AVON's freebie hanging up and another Freebie from our favorite restaurant.

Happy Friday.

mandy said...

funny! i lurked over to your blog this morning - very fun and refreshing.
its on my regular hit list now... :)
let me know if you have any advice on how to survive the stresses of seminary! we're @ Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary near Boston.
blessings.

Beck said...

Poor Rebo! And I think that word might make it's way into my conversation now, too.
Trying not to think of my kids' teen years now!

Susan said...

Ohhh...I need that tattoo too! Great feast, Linda! No feast for me today I'm in a packing frenzy.

:-) Susan

Amber said...

I believe you're allowed a little fun once in a while, and I'm sure there is some spiritual lesson in the phrase, "Don't Rebo me, Doofus!" LOL!

God Bless,
Amber

PS~ Can't wait to see what you're working on.

Barbara H. said...

Hey, we all need some lightheartedness sometimes. :)

Poor Rebo!

I could use the same tattoo. :)

pinkmommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a worrier too and am definately number challenged! Thank goodness for calculators!

Gretchen said...

Love the math tattoo. Totally. This was a delicious feast, Linda. :)

Susanne said...

Your teens do that too? And here I thought I was special! (insert operation smiley here!)

Heth said...

That math tattoo thing is cracking me up. Can I have one too?

Melanie said...

Our family has our own language. Maybe one day I will post a few.

You've got a tattoo them going.

Connie Barris said...

I tagged you on a fun little meme

Tammy said...

Loved the Rebo story...well, it was sad, but I loved it...well, you know what I mean!

Since I home school my kids, I'm not allowed to wear that math sticker on my head, but I'd secretly like to...;)

Shelly said...

lol! Hopped over here off of ... uhhm....someone's blog! Great to 'meet' you.

And I'm just going to agree with the tatoo that you have had for yourself too :)