Thursday, August 02, 2007

13 Things I Don't Like About Vacations


Click here to see others' TTs. Wow. That doesn't sound right.





1. Boarding a stuffy, claustrophobic, hot plane.

2. Noticing how old and worn the interior of the plane is. And dirty.

3. Taking off--how the plane shakes and how noisy it is and how I grit my teeth and clench the arm rest.

4. Nausea. Ears popping.

5. Nausea.

6. The whole mid-flight restroom experience.

7. Anticipating hitting the ground when the plane descends. I grit my teeth and clench the arm rest.

8. Finding luggage.

9. That weird smell in a hotel or condo. Antiseptic cover up of germs.

10. Sleeping in a bed that's clearly not mine.

11. For the duration of the vacation, compulsively shelling out money on things you will never wear, display, use or eat once you are home.

12. Getting off schedule on eating, sleeping, and ...

13. Having your bowels go on vacation the same time you do. Mine pack their own little set of luggage, wave goodbye and say, "Yeah, I'm going to just lie low for a while, you know, take a rest, not do ANY work. No work at all. Nada. See ya when you get back."




Take the short airsickness bag quiz here.

11 comments:

Jerri B said...

I got 8/10 on the airsickness bag quiz. I'm not sure whether to be proud or not.

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

for some reason I can never use the plane restroom enough. I've tried not drinking, but I can't seem to time it right. I now get a seat near the restroom. Which is always in the back, where it shakes the worst!!!

Cute airsick bags. Ewww. LOL!

Robin said...

I don't mind the planes - it always means I'm either just going somewhere or just coming back from somewhere!

Besides, my entire family lives a 12 HOUR flight away, so I don't have much choice.

Suzanne said...

Ah, a fellow "safe toilet syndrome" sufferer. I feel your pain. This is an actual, medical condition where your bowels tend to slow down on vacation due to strange surroundings, worry of cleanliness, and less fiber and hydration in your diet. Really! :-)

MamaArcher said...

that is why we drive!

Southern Girl said...

Your number #2 on the list reminded me of the time I boarded a plane to Honduras and spotted *duct tape* holding part of the inside wall up. And no, I didn't immediately get off the plane. ;)

Heth said...

HAhahaha!

Ladytink_534 said...

I hate planes! My ears pop and then I can't hear anything for the next 6 hours after I get off the plane. It's like my head is still under pressure and I get these awful headaches. Most of the time I would rather just drive.

Melanie said...

I got 9 out of 10. I think it is the company I keep. ;>)

And my bowels never work on vacation or at camp.

Jen said...

numbers 3 and 7 sound so much like me

lol the Word Verification said puka get it puke - be sick
not funny really when you dont like flying is it im just the same

J. Lynne said...

#13 cracked me up. How true!

I hate to fly too. I have to be medicated because of my anxiety. Should have seen me when I had to fly from Boston to London. I was so medicated when I got there that I didn't care that they lost my luggage in Dublin. :P

Happy belated TT!