Thursday, August 02, 2007
13 Things I Don't Like About Vacations
Click here to see others' TTs. Wow. That doesn't sound right.
1. Boarding a stuffy, claustrophobic, hot plane.
2. Noticing how old and worn the interior of the plane is. And dirty.
3. Taking off--how the plane shakes and how noisy it is and how I grit my teeth and clench the arm rest.
4. Nausea. Ears popping.
6. The whole mid-flight restroom experience.
7. Anticipating hitting the ground when the plane descends. I grit my teeth and clench the arm rest.
8. Finding luggage.
9. That weird smell in a hotel or condo. Antiseptic cover up of germs.
10. Sleeping in a bed that's clearly not mine.
11. For the duration of the vacation, compulsively shelling out money on things you will never wear, display, use or eat once you are home.
12. Getting off schedule on eating, sleeping, and ...
13. Having your bowels go on vacation the same time you do. Mine pack their own little set of luggage, wave goodbye and say, "Yeah, I'm going to just lie low for a while, you know, take a rest, not do ANY work. No work at all. Nada. See ya when you get back."
Take the short airsickness bag quiz here.