Friday, August 24, 2007

Appetizer
Say there’s a book written about your life. Who would you want to narrate the audio version?


Emma Thompson, except I'm not British. So, I think I'd like to do it myself. I love to read out loud. That sounds really juvenile and egotistical, but it's the truth. I just like reading aloud, that's all, like some people like to sing. As Elf would say, "Reading's my favorite."


Soup
Take the letters from your favorite kind of nut and write a sentence. (Example: Perhaps every avenue needs understanding today.)


Can anyone show how elephants woo?


Salad
If you could go back in time and spend one week in another decade, which decade would you choose?


Oh, probably any week in 1994 because at that point all my children had been born, and the last would've been two years old. I miss my all of my "babies." Strangely enough, in other areas of my life, I was extremely unhappy. However, the one image or memory that always makes me happy is to remember when my kids were four and under.


Main Course
Name a song that brings back memories for you.


I've posted on this before, so I'll pick another song: "Cry a River," by Amy Grant. Haven't heard that in years.

Dessert
Do you prefer to wash your hands in cold water or warm water
?

Warm--is there anyone who really prefers cold?

15 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I am loving all these clever nut sentences! My dessert is similar -- I don't know how people stand cold water for washing hands. Sometimes I miss my kids as little ones, too, but I liked the preschool years better than the baby years.

Linda said...

I guess I'm the only one who said cold water is ok to wash your hands. Sometimes it just feels good to cool off.

Hope you are much happier now.

Looking down through your blog, I did an iced coffee post yesterday. Weird...and I'm another Linda....even more weird..
Nice meeting you.

Susanne said...

My fave nut is cashews too. Another thing we have in common. Have you ever had chocolate covered ones? To die for. Oooo, your friend will have to make a cashew chocolate. I volunteer to officially taste test it for her!

tegdirb92 said...

My oldest baby was born in 1994 :) I prefer warm water too. great feast!!Have a great weekend.

Lazy Daisy said...

There are some crazy nut sentences out there. I agree you should read your own book (who knows it better than you!)

Miss Paula said...

I like Emma T. but like you I am not from the South and I chose a Southern Lady!!

Cindy Swanson said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your nut sentence! :)

Jen said...

your soup is one of my favourites too

Eleisia said...

I loved spending time with my son when he was young. Some of my happiest memories!

Wonder what a psychologist would say about all of our nut sentences!

Gretchen said...

Very nice feast. I'm full, but not stuffed. Weight watchers would be proud. :) I love those young years, too, but I also remember going to bed awfully tired at the end of each day.

(((((HUGS)))))) sandi said...

This was great! I always enjoy gettin' to know others through these things~they're FUN! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Tammy said...

This was fun to read, Linda...

(And sorry, I have no idea how elephants woo...I'll watch the Animal Planet channel and get back to you!) ;)

ablondeblogger said...

I love cashews, too!

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

I don't think I could have come up with a sentence that clever... you are tooo funny

I like cold water... esp.. lately... Georgia heat.. well, it's killin' me...

After I read your Other decade.. I wanted to cry a river with you...

blessings Linda...

Susan said...

Linda,

I think it's so cool that you like to Read Aloud (it's the Reading Teacher in me)! And I had to wonder too when I started reading this week's FF questions if there really would be anyone who said "cold water" to wash their hands...

I'll get over to the cafe later.

Hugs.

:-) Susan