Friday, August 31, 2007

"Yes, But He's a Good Driver"

Breaking Indiana news: Tonight a 24-year-old mother was found incoherent in her car after it screeched to a halt in a sudivision 3/4 of a mile from her home. The homeowner came out to see what the commotion was about. That's when she found the mother's 5 year-old behind the wheel, the 3 year-old brother in the backseat, both unbelted, while Mom rode in the passenger seat with the seatbealt holding her safely in place. When the homeowner asked, "Ma'am, are you OK? What's wrong? Is this your son driving?" the mom answered: "Yes, but he's a good driver."

The 5 year-old must be the world's youngest designated driver. If this weren't so scary and sad, it would be hilarious.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Percocet and Vodka played an important role in this story.

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

So I guess that now you're not so worried about Jordan? :)

Jen said...

OMGoodness!!!!

Gretchen said...

So sad...that child will probably continue to live with that poor decision-maker as his main role model. After all, we wouldn't want to take a child away from his mother...

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Susan said...

Wow. Now THAT is quite a story...scary!!

Suzanne said...

I think I'll save this story to make myself feel better for those days when I feel like I wasn't a great mom that day because I didn't spend one on one time reading to them!

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

OMG

Nancy said...

I missed that story. Incredible that she would consider it. I get nervous when my ten year old steers the boat out in the open lake.