Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday's Feast and the Incident of the Stolen Teeth

Appetizer
What is your favorite type of art?

Those awkward, scrawny stick figure representations of our family which my teenagers drew when they were 3 or 4. I particularly fancy the ones where "the mom" is about 20 feet taller than anyone in the family plus the tree in the front yard, and where "the dad" is naked except for underwear. Masterpieces.

Soup
When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?

Every month, the entire staff has large leadership meeting followed by the most fabulous meal you can imagine created by a gourmet cook with a penchant for making the presentation as good as the food. Seriously. Worse than that, she is also gorgeous and has a gorgeous family. Yeah, I know.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?

I'd say about a 7, only most of the time it doesn't show. I'm more prone to "down" emotions than highly energetic, visible ones.

Main Course
Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?

Between work and home, I'd say an hour.

Dessert
To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?

I think about 72*. Husband would prefer it at 62*, but until the hot flashes kick in regularly, it stays.

And now in other news:

Most One or two of you regular readers will recall that my city was once designated "America's Hometown," by famous sociologists Robert and Helen Lynd in 1929. It is a title that we have clung to and bannerized to death. Anyway, I feel it is my patriotic duty to keep you, from time to time, abreast of the news from "America's Home Town," Muncie, Indiana.

From the Muncie Star Press today:

Former tavern owner and sheriff candidate charged with the theft of other man's false teeth

A former tavern owner faces robbery and battery charges after he allegedly stole a man's false teeth out of his mouth ....

The scene: "The Mouse," a well-known tavern in the outskirts of Muncie. The summation of the harrowing details of the incident: After the alleged assailant asked the alleged victim to "step outside," he began hitting him and held him in a headlock, whereby the alleged assailant was able to reach into the alleged victim's mouth and yank them chompers.

Alleged quote of alleged assailant: He said, 'You ain't getting these back."

According to police reports, intoxication played a large role in this fracas. Allegedly.

7 comments:

Susanna said...

Hee hee hee. Don't think I'd want them back anyway! Intoxication has a lot to answer for!
Happy Friday.

Susanne said...

LOL! Intoxication. Ya think?

Marsha said...

WOW! What amazes me most is that we have the same hometown! I grew up and had my children in Muncie. I still get back on a regular basis!

Love the story!

Nita said...

Great feast! Mine is up too. Hope you can visit me! Have a great weekend ahead :)

Tammy said...

Your appetizer made me laugh!
Hmmm...not sure I've ever been handed that drawing before, but I will have to say I always end up with better hair than my hubby! :) My 5 yr old has gives him about three hairs sticking straight up.

Susan said...

Well...now that's an interesting story!! False teeth?? Only in America...or is that "Only in America's Home Town"?

Hugs.

Susan

crazy working mom said...

Hey Linda! Thanks for stopping by my place today. :) Hope you'll come back.

Great feast!!!
Thanks for the leftovers.