Friday, September 14, 2007

Gnosh with Me



Friday's Feast A Deux
I missed last week, so you get two for one.

Appetizer
Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?


Kris, my friend since summer between 8th and 9th grade, but she doesn't blog so she won't see this.

Soup
If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?


England, when the sun never set on the Empire or something like that. This question was hard. You can't think of any cultural apex and not also recall the serious ills.

Salad
What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?


Birth of my children (I had the really exciting view, too.) Seing 700 kids in my church for Oneighty. Seeing thousands of youth at an Acquire the Fire event. Of course, I can't not mention seeing Donny Osmond in concert in 1973.

Main Course
If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?
Stunt?

Not a goodwill gesture? Okaaaaay ... I suppose something like surprising fans by working behind a fast food counter or checking their books in the library or something fairly un-stuntish like that. Or change my name: "The Artist Formerly Known as Linda will now be addressed as 'Splenda.'"

Dessert
What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?


I will take some flack for this, but I think mid to late twenties. Yep, I said it. I had my first at one month before my 24th. Wouldn't change a thing for many reasons.

Part Deux

Appetizer
When was the last time you visited a hospital?


When Kris's daughter was in there, but she's OK now.


Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how ambitious are you?


This is one thing I dislike about myself. I am not very ambitious, about a 4 out of 10. What this means for me personally is I want to be published, but I spend very little time working at it. Unless whining counts as somehow promoting your sorry self.

Salad
Make a sentence using the letters of a body part. (Example: (mouth) My other ukelele tings healthily.)


We're supposed to follow that sentence? "Earn a rest."

Main Course
If you were to start a club, what would the subject matter be, and what would you name it?


"Ditzy Owners of Ditzy Yorkshire Terriers Who Want to be Published but Won't Work at it, Unite!!" AKA: "DODY TWO WWP UNITE!"

Dessert
What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?


Oatmeal. Very stylish, I know. But in my family room, I have a great big area rug that has four inch squares all over it in colors from black to rust to cream to pumpkin. I had a wild moment in a store once. Sort of a non-celebrity stunt.

9 comments:

Yen said...

Nice double feast here! I enjoyed it:)

Mine's up too!

josh bridges: said...

main course is hilarious! i understand your soup totally!

Judy Thomas said...

Happy Friday.. and I have to tell you when I read your soup I nearly spewed my fourth cup of coffee right across my laptop. Girl, I SO understand!!!

Linda said...

Lovely main course

Nita said...

Great feast! Mine is up too. Hope you can visit me.

Susan said...

Well...both have some VERY interesting answers. Your oatmeal carpet cracked me up.

Susan

Susanne said...

Two feasts at once? I'd say that's pretty ambitious! ;v)

Marsha said...

Thanks for the twofer and thanks for stopping by my feast... nice blog and great feast(s).

aaronsmusic said...

Great Feast(s)! Thanks for stopping by.