Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Renee Zellweger

Ever notice how things come in threes? This happens all the time to me. I was just thinking about Renee Zellweger the other day, who was recently outstanding in the Miss Potter film, when a commercial came on for a movie called "White Oleander," in which Miss Zellweger appeared with Michelle Pfeiffer. So I quickly TiVo'd that movie, and I must say, it was maybe the the most depressing film I've ever seen. But I have not seen Schindler's List, so maybe you wouldn't find it so distrubing. Anyway ... Renee.

Then today, by happenstance, I came upon a blog of a young British woman which was fascinating. My vocabulary grew exponentially. Why do the British sound so intelligent, even in print? So I'm reading along, thoroughly enjoying her wit, when it hit me ... she sounds just like Bridget Jones. The next line I read in her post said, "Renee Zellweger is dating Paul McCartney." My mind is swirling with Renee Zellweger.

Speaking of threes, what is up with Kathy Griffin, Sally Field and Barry Manilow? I just want to say to them, "SHUT UP and [make us laugh/jerk our tears/write the songs that make the whole world sing] but STOP the tirades." I'm all for people having opinions, but the scathing, banshee-like rants these people have been on is something else. Makes me proud to inhabit "fly over" land and not Hollyweird. And that's my rant.

8 comments:

Susanne said...

Weird about Renee! She's really dating Paul McCartney?

I haven't a clue what the other three are having a tirade about. Hard to imagine Barry Manilow tirading. Maybe he'll start writing message songs instead of love songs.

Pam said...

Oh my gosh! I totally started a post just to whine and complain about Barry and Sally and then tossed it aside because it just sounded to whiney. Seriously though, why is it ok for everyone on the planet to defend anything they want to EXCEPT morals, ethics and believing in God? I just don't get it. And I loooove Barry - so the whole thing just stinks.

Found you by way of From Under The Laundry Pile...great post!

Susan said...

I must have my head in the sand because I totally missed Barry and Sally...but Kathy, that's another story. It's sad very sad.

:-) Susan

Melanie said...

More Renee- She is in an animated film with Jerry Seinfeld called "Bee Movie." It comes out in Nov. I have been looking forward to it. Not a whole lot of family movies lately.

We would call what Barry and Sally have been doing a Hissy Fit. It's like a temper tantrum with attitude. :>)

I think they all need to go to Time Out!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you. Wish more Christians would just turn off and tune out these so called "entertainers". The only way to get their attention is money, so don't watch, lister or buy their garbage.
Also, what's up w/TV. Can't even watch TV Land, HGTV or the Food Network without being offended by commercials, content of some of their shows etc. Try explaining to your children what they mean when they show the commercial for House Virgins on HGTV! Or the women on the Food Network "cooking" in their low-cut and tight tops. We need to let the producers know that these programs are offensive to us.

julie at jmanfre@mac.com said...

I am so with you on the Barry, Sally and Kathy tirades. Not that I am a fan of Kathy Griffin but I am seriously disappointed in Sally and Barry.

Love, love Renee and Bridget Jones is one of my favorite characters. Is it possible for you to send me a map to find this witty blog?

Pretty, pretty please?

Ladytink_534 said...

White Oleander is a MUCH better book than movie. I think they butchered the book for the film and I'm usually very tolerant of changes in movies based on books.

marinasepeda said...

Linda, found you on the preachers wife, love what you had to say about Renee Zellweger, Please tell me where you found that blog that young Birtish girl, would love to read her blog. Love your blog.
marina