Friday, September 07, 2007

Santa Claus Isn't Coming to Town, But this Mischievous Elf Is

David Letterman was a mediocre student at Ball State University here in Muncie, IN. In fact, after he went through commencement, he had to return that summer to complete P.E. courses. But he did stand out in the broadcasting world of BSU, and the rest is history. Occasionally, Letterman dumps ginormous wads of money on BSU. Thus, they have built a state-of-the-art communications building with technology that is on par with Hollywood and New York. The school now has one of the top entrepreneurial, architectural and communications programs in the nation. We (I'm an alum, but I don't support the school) are hosting Dave today at a 4 pm ceremony, and people are waiting with baited breath to see if "Dave Speaks!" Do you think I should care? Enough to go see what's up?

Also, you may have heard the Colts won their first game last night against the Saints. This city was decked out in Peyton Manning jersies yesterday. It was surreal. I had a drink at Panera and was totally entertained by the Colts fashion statements. My brother and sister-in-law have had season tickets for 24 years, so last year was huge for them. I don't know squat about the Colts, except Tony Dungy is a believer, Peyton Manning is "the man," and I feel a bit left out of a sort of sweeping, cultish "Blue Man Group" every time there's a game. Do you think I should care? Enough to wear blue jersies, white pants and bright blue shoes?

8 comments:

Brian said...

I love the quote by Alice Kahn at the top of the blog--how perfect!

Keep up the fun blog!

Southern Girl said...

I think as long as you know those things about Tony and Peyton, you're good to go. ;)

Linda said...

S.G.: You were kind not to correct my spelling of "Peyton." But really, with all that cash he's making ... isn't "Payton" more appropriate?? Yes, I know he's philanthropic, too. :)

Susanne said...

I don't know, but I for one would love to see a picture of you with a blue face. Wouldn't it make great blog fodder?

His Singer said...

Dunno, Linda...

Can you wear bright blue shoes after Labor Day? And if so, can you wear them to see Letterman?

ONE of those has GOT to be tacky in some respect...

Melanie said...

The blue would match the blog. As for Dave, you could take your sweet dog for some stupid pet tricks. :>) She'd upstage them all.

Debbie said...

Okay, so you've now made it my goal to get you into a Colt's shirt for at least one game!!!! I'd skip the white pants and blue shoes however, I think that is that fine line between fan and fanatic!!!!

Lynn said...

Too Funny, I am a crazy Bronco fan. Have been for years. I am the only Colorado fan that exists in the entire state of California.

Lonely but fun. Cute post. Love it.!