Thursday, October 04, 2007

45

Remember the tagline from American Graffiti: "Where Were You in '62?" On October 4, 1962, I was being born.

I've never been crazy about anything to do with the 60s. I feel like the world fell apart then--Cold War/Sputnik, Viet Nam, Cuba, Counter-culture .... a bad trip, man. My parents generation, the 1940s, were classic--and classy.


Here is a sweet scene from American Graffiti. I saw the movie when it came out in 1973 when I was 11, but I didn't like it at all.

Even 1962 Barbie was weird looking.

But I do like Motown music from that decade. Probably my favorite 1962 song is "The Locomotion" by Little Eva, and then I LOVED it in 1970s when Grand Funk Railroad covered it, and I played that little 45 over and over and over .... So--whaddya say, for my 45th birthday dance party, do you want to do The Locomotion with me?

15 comments:

Laura said...

A very happy birthday! 45 suits you well!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! :)

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! It is BooMama's birthday too. It's like a virtual birthday bash. Hope you have a blessed day!

Susanne said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! Have a beautiful day.

msdebbiea said...

Happy, happy birthday to you Linda! Enjoy the day~~it belongs to YOU! :)

Debbie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'll come do The Locomotion with you. However, when it's my birthday you'll have to join me and do The Twist.

Jen and family said...

Happy Birthday
hope u have a fab day :)

jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com

samurai said...

A fellow Octoberian (is that a word?) - Happy Birthday! May the Lord grant you many, many grace filled years.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday :)

I giggled when I saw this post in Bloglines...

I was snugglin' in the womb;)

(I'm signing in w/my blogger ID, but here's my current link)

http://pensieve.typepad.com/pensieve/

Southern Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Linda!! Hope it's a wonderful one! You do the Locomotion all you want. ;)

{Karla} said...

Happy Happy (a day late) birthday!!

Hope it was wonderful!

Blessings,
Karla
(mine is sunday, the 7th)

Susan said...

Happy happy birthday! I had to laugh at The Locomotion. I can remember when our babysitter would bring her 45's down to share with us and she'd play that record over and over and we'd dance like we were high schoolers!! It was SO fun!

:-) Thanks for the memories.

Susan

Barbara H. said...

A belated happy birthday to you! Hope you had a great day!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Amber said...

Je ne sais pas??? I wasn't conceived yet;)

Happy Belated Birthday!!!


God Bless,
Amber

mom huebert said...

I know this is an awfully long time since you posted this, but I'm catching up...

Anyway, when I read this I had to answer the question: Where was I in 1962? Being born, just like you. Only my birthday is in March. Happy belated birthday, and btw, you're lookin' good!