Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Christmas and Phantom Wizzie Pain


It's not too early to get your Fa-La-La's on if you're in the Heartland of Amurica. One Indy radio station, 93.1 FM, is now bringing us 93 days of all Christmas music, all the time. Yes, more than a quarter of a year of "Nuttin'" but Christmas music, which began October 8th. One day I was driving to work flipping through stations, when I heard a very familiar bar or two but couldn't place the melody ... who thinks about being "home for Christmas if only in my dreams" when it's 78* and the stores are full of pirate costumes?

In other news from my head, my mandibles are stiff, my gum is aching, my cheek is bruised, my inner ear hurts, and I'm not jolly. I'm going this morning at 8:30 to have the dentist look at my wisdom tooth extraction site to see if I've got a dry socket. Did I mention I'm cranky? Maybe I just ...


"Need a little music, need a little laughter
Need a little singing, ringing through the rafters
Yes I need a little snappy, 'Happy Ever After'
I need a little Christmas now!"

6 comments:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

You are funny..

It took me a while to get over my pain...

and I hate to say this but.. ouch... the older we get.. gulp.. the hard it is..ok, i said it..

hope you feel better soon

Connie

Susanne said...

I'm so sorry your still suffering. I don't know what dry socket is but it doesn't sound comfortable.

Christmas. I'm having a hard time putting my head in that direction yet, although Costco has been inundating us with Christmas tuff for weks already, as soon as back to school was done.

Melanie said...

Oh, I hope you don't have a dry socket. That is the worst.

Cindy Swanson said...

Wow...no one is a bigger Christmas music lover than me, but this is way too early for it!

Hope you get feeling better soon, Linda...

Southern Girl said...

Oh goodness, I hope you don't have a dry socket. I've never had one, but I've heard the pain can get very bad. {{{Linda}}}

The radio station I listen to here starts playing Christmas music only the day after Thanksgiving. I don't drag out my Christmas CDs until then either... but maybe I'll dust off Clay Aiken's "Merry Christmas with Love" and "All is Well" a little early.

Kellan said...

Hey Linda - my kids would love to hear all that Christmas music - never too early for them, right? Sorry about your tooth - hope its alright. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow - yuck. See ya.