Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday's Feast







Appetizer
When was the last time you were surprised?

The one "plus" about having a bad memory is that every day comes with surprises, even if they're old news to everyone else. As in: "Heyyyyy, where'd that bracelet come from? I like it! Oh, I bought it last month." So I get surprised every day! Woo-Hoo! I guess the last legitimate first-time surprise was the card and t-shirt that College Daughter gave me for my birthday, though.

Soup
Fill in the blanks: My eyes are ________, but I wish they were __________.

My eyes are red and itchy, but I wish they were clear and ... bright? Allergies! Aargh!

Salad
If you were a Beanie Baby, what would you look like and what would your name be?


I'd be some sort of little yellow chick with glasses because I'm a smart chick. Smart alecky, too! Plus I love little yellow chickens. Or chickens of any kind. But you knew that.

Main Course
Name two things you consistently do that you consider to be healthy habits.


I'm fairly consistent on the elliptical machine, and I brush my teeth 3 times a day. And I floss. Don't be too quick to praise me for flossing, though; I have terrible spaces between my teeth and I can get a whole meal lodged in there before I know it. Today at my desk I was forced to use regular sewing thread. Don't worry; no one else was in the office. Just the surveillance cameras.

Dessert
What brand of toothpaste are you using these days? Do you like it? Why or why not?


OK, you NEED to know this. I've posted about it before, but here's the scoop: My daughter and I have always been plagued with aphthous ulcers, otherwise known as canker sores, otherwise known as hell in your mouth. And I don't use that word lightly. She was often incapacitated by these things, even missing school and lying on the sofa with tears pouring down her face because they hurt so badly. She was almost sent to an Indy hospital to be studied. Anyway, we started using toothpastes without this ingredient: SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE. And it changed our lives. I would say it cut out about 85-90% of the outbreaks. If we run out and use regular stuff, they blossom overnight. The one that we currently use is Rembrandt for sensitive mouths. Sodium lauryl sulfate is what makes your toothpaste foamy. It is a harsh cleaner that is in almost every kind of soap, including floor cleaners, just in a much smaller amount in toothpaste, of course. So there you have it, the best tip I've ever offered anyone in my entire life.

5 comments:

Mitchypoo said...

Aw, your salad is so cute and who knew about toothpaste. But I've never had that problem before. Happy Feasting!

Debbie said...

That chick is so you!!!! Cute & smart. I love it.

Clearly you were thinking much more creatively than me on the Soup!

MommyBa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies. I hope you're feeling better now :)

Happy weekend!

Marsha said...

wow! I didn't have a clue about the toothpaste thing. I'll have to mention this to my daughter the dental hygeniest... she probably knows about it though. Hope all is well in Muncie!

mom huebert said...

Great info about the toothpaste. We switched to Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste several years ago, and my husband hasn't had the trouble with canker sores like he used to, but I never made the connection. Thanks.