Thursday, October 04, 2007

Meet Me at the Cafe and Friday's Feast



Please pick up your 2nd cup of coffee today and join me at Internet Cafe, where I wrote about how "God Sees the Individuals in the Crowd." It's one of my personal favorites, and hey, it's short!

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you look forward to your birthday?

I cannot lie. For some reason, I like my birthday and everyone else's! I've been this way my whole life. I guess I like birthdays because they're different from holidays of mass celebration. Birthdays remind me of the uniqueness of each individual (see my article above) and how God pointedly decided that this particular person should exist. I always think, "How would the world be different if so and so had not been born?" Oh, and because I can't milk it enough, yesterday was my birthday!

Soup
What is one word you don’t like the sound, spelling, or meaning of?


I don't like the popular and over-used word "suck" for anything in life that is the slightest bit less than perfect. I also deplore the phrase, "holy crap." I feel dirty now.

Salad
Do you wear sunglasses when you’re outside? If so, what does your current pair look like?


Fake tortoise shell and cheap. I buy like 6 pairs at the dollar store every summer because I destroy them as I go, whether I sit on them, lose them, crush them in a purse, step on them, or drop them in a public toilet. But my mom dropped her real glasses in a public toilet once. That's way worse.

Main Course
If you were to write a book, to whom would you dedicate it?


Depends on what it's about.

Dessert
Name a beverage that you enjoy.


Uh, see name of blog.

13 comments:

Helena said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I think you should go play the numbers in your town- you should make it 045,due it strait and box, LOL. I would if it was me :>) Great FF here, we shop at the same store for our glasses, the dollar store, I do go threw a lot to. Have a great Birthday Week!

Marsha said...

Belated birthday wishes! I love your feast and your sense of humor! BTW, I will get around to telling you a bit about being from Muncie. Short on time right now!

Have a great weekend Linda!

Melanie said...

Amen to the birthdays and to the "soup" part. I tell my daughter that only God is Holy. :>) Putting that word in front of anything else just disrespects Him. Headed over now to read your other post...

Susanne said...

I think you should write a book about coffee and dedicate it to oh, me! ;v) Just kidding.

This was a fun FF. And I'm totally with you on the term you hat. Can't stand that either.

Nicole said...

LOL Linda, I loved your Friday Feast and thoroughly enjoyed your blog. I will be back again!!

tegdirb92 said...

wonderful feast this week!! Have a wonderful Friday--loved your soup.

Southern Girl said...

Ooo, I hate the second part of your Soup, too! I can't stand to see "holy" paired with anything that's not...well, holy. And that includes cows and moley.

Great feast! Mine is up, too. :)

Renee's Ramblings said...

Great feast! Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a very merry birthday and a wonderful weekend.

ellen b. said...

you served up a great appetizer and a very happy belated birthday to you...you young-un!
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/10/04/friday-feast-4-october-5th/

lori said...

LINDA...I called you Lynn when I commented over at the Cafe..Happy day after birthday..:)
Your post was FABULOUS and really relevant to all of us...God orchestrates it all, we just have to NOT MISS IT!!

I am with you...cheapo sunglasses, had a few pair end up in the toilet too...ewwwww!!

have a blessed night.
peace,
lori (or you can call me ANYTHING you want..payback!!:)

Susan said...

Great feast, Linda! I have to agree with you on the soup. I can't stand that word OR that phrase.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

:-) Susan

Jackie said...

Happy belated birthday. I hope it was nice.

Happy FF :)

mom huebert said...

Yes! I agree with your "soup"!