Sunday, October 21, 2007

Monday?! It's Fat Tuesday in My Cheeks


The wizzies are out, but the swelling isn't.

I could swear that they put me under and then all of the office workers came back and took turns playing the xylophone on my face with hammers for two hours. I'll bet it was like my former Friday band challenge days in school, where you tried to kick your performance up a notch in order to best the reigning champ of the week and claim the title yourself until the next Friday. In other words, stay away from "Friday Fun Day" appointments at the oral surgeon, if you ask me.

But really, are you sure it's Monday morning? I can't believe it. I have slept almost the entire weekend, even after I stopped taking Percocet, so I have completely lost this weekend.

Thanks for all of your prayers and well-wishes. I think everything is going OK. I'm just not ready to go back to work yet because I've only sat up for maybe 30 minutes at a time this weekend. The 2-hour staff meeting I'm facing this morning just seems too hard!

I've heard that "procedures" are harder on old people than on the young. I now believe it. I know that I recovered a lot faster when I was younger and had the first two out. I hate to admit it, but it's true what my older brother has always said about me: I am a crybaby. Oh well.

But now I've gotta suck it up and get ready for work. I'll be anxious to catch up with you all and see what I've missed in your posts. In the meantime, please enjoy watching this little girl train for her future career in oral surgery, with a specialization in "Friday Fun Day Mallot Competitions."

15 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah. Who needs work when you've got Percocet!

Susanne said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

That little girl is amazing!

Melanie said...

What I want to know is how much sugar did her Mom give her? Or was it Percocet? :>)

Lynn / vigilant20 said...

Wow that sounds rough. Hope you are back to yourself real soon.

Ann said...

Even in all that discomfort you are still bringing smiles to our faces!!! This post certainly made me smile, and the video at the end was a fabulous touch! You're such a joy, Linda :)

samurai said...

It's good to see that you are well enough to blog again, yea! I can almost smell the fresh ground coffee from here. :)

I don't know who it is easier on - have the teeth yanked. I had mine pulled as a teenager, and remember being sick as a dog for almost a week! I can't even remember the first 3 days afterwards!

but all that is behind you now... tea bags along the gums is good, if not a little bitter.

marina said...

Linda, I know how you feel I waited until I was 35 to remove my wisdom teeth my parents never told me I had to get rid of them. I had to be hospital b/c they where laying down wrap around nerves,what was going to be 2 hours end up in 5 hours thats how stuck they where girls the longer you want the hard it is. When I came too all I could do is throw up blood!! yes it was awful.and my face was bursed blue and I look like a Lion. no kidding.but hey I lost weight one way to look at it.Enjoy those shakes.blessing to a good recovery.marina

lori said...

OK...so in the event that I ever "cave in" and get those babies out...(I still have ALL 4) I am remembering these posts...
sleeping through the weekend....hmmmm....
I pray the recovery is fast and soon forgotten!! and THEY ARE OUT...never to be heard from again!!
peace,
lori

TCS said...

ouch...

Susan said...

Oh my goodness...she's amazing. Are you sure she wasn't in your Dentist's office on Friday???
Seriously, so glad you're getting better. Hang in there.

:-) Susan

thouartloosed said...

I'm glad to see they left your sense of humor in tact!
Kathy

Roxanne said...

Oh. . .I am so sorry. . .and not looking forward to the future of my one tipping wisdom tooth. I'm only five years behind you in the age department, so things aren't lookin' so good.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh, bless your heart! I had all four of mine out at once the Friday before I started student teaching. Nothing like trying to sound intelligent in front of a room full of high school sophomores when you are all spaced out on pain meds!

Anyway, I hope each day brings more relief and less swelling.

(Thanks for stopping by today!)

Patriot said...

Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway at my site this week! Thanks!

dcrmom said...

Goodness, sounds like you've been through the ringer! Percoset, though, wonderful stuff.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your design sho' is purty! :0)