Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thanks, Gifts and a Fun-Time Meme!


My birthday week was full of highs and lows, but your kind comments and prayers for my mom, even if they were just quick blessings on her behalf, meant so much to me. I wish I could explain to non-bloggers what a great community of friends I have, even though we've never met in person. Ten years ago, if you had told me I would write about my mom going into the hospital and many people I had not met would pray for her, I wouldn't have been able to imagine under what circumstances that would occur, or what kind of sweet people would care enough to stop for a second in their busy day to say, "I care, and I'll take this concern before the Father."

Two people who especially blessed me were Tammy at Family Doins and Barbara at Baba/Night Owl. Thank you ladies, for the sweetness. I now pay forward the fabulous award to my good friend "D" at Like a Rose, who is just getting her toes wet in bloggyland. She is a fabulous friend, indeed. And to fun-lovin' Melanie at This Ain't New York who is busy with seasonal decorating, I pass along the candied apples.

And now I share: The Fun-time Silly Meme

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME:
(first pet & current car)
Bobby Camaro - Now that totally rocks!

2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME:
(fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)
Peanut Buttuh No Bake

3. YOUR “FLY Girl” NAME:
(first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)
L Cro (Sounds like Velcro)

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME:
(favorite color, favorite animal)
Purple Puppy

5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME:
(middle name, city where you were born)
Ann Muncie

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME:
(the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)
Cro Li

7. SUPERHERO NAME:
(”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink)
The Orchid Water (Sounds like a pansy superhero)

8. NASCAR NAME:
(the first names of your grandfathers)
Walter Bradley

9. STRIPPER NAME:
(the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy)
Yikes. If I actually printed it, it would be hilarious. But I can't. I pass on the R rated question!

10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME:
(mother’s & father’s middle names )
Lucille Howard

11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME:
(Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter)
Seward St. Paul (cool!)

12. SPY NAME:
(your favorite season/holiday, flower)
Autumn Daisy

13. CARTOON NAME:
(favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + "ie" or "y")
Peachy Pantsy? (Or is this the stripper name?)

14. HIPPY NAME:
(What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree)
Nothing Weeping Willow (Righteous.)

15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME:
(”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”)
The Bloggy Sunshine Tour! (Yeah, Baby!)

--Steal Freely!--

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Well Bobby Camaro, or should I say Peachy Pantsy, that was a fun meme. And congrats on your awards.

How is your mom doing?

Debbie said...

This is fun. I will steal freely for both my blog and for Justin's birthday entertainment!!!!

Debbie said...

I got so busy laughing I forgot to say thanks for the award!

Thanks!!!!

Melanie said...

You are so sweet! The funny thing is that I spent hours this time last year making caramel apples for my daughter's class. NIGHTMARE! Never again. Next time they will be candied apples. I had caramel all over the place. So thank you for the virtual ones. They are much prettier! :>)

Mommy, the Human Napkin said...

You know I have to steal this for my blog. Let's see how long it takes for me to get it posted...