Thirteen Fashion Tips To Share From My Favorite Show, "What Not to Wear"
1. Length of jeans: They should skim the floor at your heel.
2. Length other pants: They should fall one half-inch above the floor.
3. Length of jackets, longer tops: The hem should cut your bottom in half. Above or below emphasizes the
4. Every woman has a waist. It is a woman's smallest part; therefore it's a good thing to define it. If you're carrying extra weight, do not wear something like a tent thinking it's forgiving. You are turning yourself into a wide box. Every woman has a waist--find something that defines your hourglass figure.
5. Good foundational support is the most important tip. Have a professional fitting done for a bra. Utilize the slimming undergarments that are widely available now. Every person on What Not to Wear has a bra fitting first thing. They don't show that every time because it would be boring.
6. To know your proper bra band size, measure just beneath the bust and add 5 inches.
7. If you have a large frame or carry extra weight,choose large prints over tiny prints. If you choose a tiny floral print, you will look like a virtual field of tiny flowers.
8. You should be able to button any jacket that you wear. You do not have to wear it buttoned, but if you can't button it, it doesn't fit you.
9. Sleeves should fall past your wrist and hit within the meaty bottom part of your thumb. Men's jackets can be shorter because the shirt cuff can show.
10. No front or back cleavage in the office or school. Professionally speaking, if you can see hills or crevices instead of just chest, you've got a problem. Also, bend over and look in the mirror at both sides. You might be surprised at what appears whenever you bend a little.
11. Pencil skirts are OK if you're thin. Otherwise, a slight A line or tulip looks best.
12. After "a certain age," skirts should fall in the middle of the knee or just slightly higher.
13. Want to lose weight immediately and look better in whatever you're wearing? Go to a full-length mirror. Turn to the side. Now pull your shoulders back--and watch what happens to your mid-section. You will look instantly slimmer, and that's without even pulling in your tummy muscles. If you simply put your shoulders back and tuck your tummy, you'll look like you've lost weight. If you try this, I'd like to hear what a difference it made in your appearance!